Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th February 2017, 02:15 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default Why Small Businesses Need To Include Blogging In Their Marketing Strategy

While there are a number of ways to improve your small businessí marketing strategy, blogging needs to be a priority. We recently conducted a survey where we found a number of small businesses donít have a blog. It can take time, but itís a valuable tool.

By sharing your thoughts on industry news and other helpful topics, youíre able to bring value to your customers. So letís break down how to make that happen.

Why Small Businesses Arenít Blogging

Itís important to consider what could be keeping you from blogging. Whether itís time, lack of ideas, or your website, itís important to identify the problem so you can fix it.

This could mean distributing the task to your team or scheduling time each week. Whatever you need to begin your blogging happen, do it. Create a routine now, and over time youíll start to see the results. And by results, we mean increased leads that lead to company growth. Not bad, right?

Read more - http://www.smallbizmarketingideas.co...ting-strategy/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th February 2017, 02:48 AM   #2
lvgrn

I think more and more small businesses are coming to realise that regular blogging is crucial for being competitive and accessible for the public. If they know how to do that, this means they will be able to improve their brand reinforcement and company profile, social media impact, SEO optimization and consequently traffic will increase, which will lead to increase in revenue as well.

lvgrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2017, 04:26 AM   #3
annajaden

Blogging helps marketing your business online.

annajaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2017, 12:16 PM   #4
robert_mann

I think the main reason is traffic. Blog can bring huge traffic. And most of the business needs a blog because it looks decent to engage with people who are using your service.

robert_mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 06:59 AM   #5
NeedlAnalytics

Blogging has to be a major part of any content strategy and content is what makes people interested in brands online. The difficulty is sustaining a blog with good and relevant content and then marketing this using SEO or adwords etc.
Its very labour intensive for a small business, but i think fun to do.

NeedlAnalytics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2017, 11:53 PM   #6
Julia StaRomana

Smile Depends on the small business

I agree that blogging is helpful for small businesses but it also depends on the type of business you have. Blogging is labor intensive and not all businesses might have the time and resources to do this. So look at where your market it and figure out what's the best and most effective way to reach them. Some business might benefit more with consistently good content on social media as opposed to blogging.

Old 31st May 2017, 12:06 PM   #7
SamJones87

Blogging is most certainly helpful. Just make sure your SEO practices are on point as well. Selecting the right keywords, and choosing interesting topics to blog about.

SamJones87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:54 AM   #8
Kyle Cresson

Lightbulb A lot of bad advice

I've received a lot of bad advice over the years about blogging.

One marketing guy told me to do it. The next one told me not to waste my time.

The guy I have hired right now told me it is not worth doing if I can't do it correctly. Sounds like advice that goes a long way in life in general.

Ever since I started dedicating 1 hour each week to just writing on all of our platforms, it is amazing how much it has helped. I thought it was all for Google but actually I find that people when they call up, they might mention an article I wrote as the reason why they called.

If anyone is hesitating about taking the time to do it, just go for it and be consistent. Within 6 months you'll see it. And don't give up!

- Kyle

Kyle Cresson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2017, 10:40 PM   #9
Celin_G

We have a small business and we put up a blog 7 years ago. It did pay for us in the long run. I think we were able to really feel the full effects about 3-4 years. But it depends on your SEO efforts though. We're not pros when we started SEO. We learned along the way. But, it was all worth it.

Old 19th July 2017, 03:55 PM   #10
SamJones87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celin_G View Post
We have a small business and we put up a blog 7 years ago. It did pay for us in the long run. I think we were able to really feel the full effects about 3-4 years. But it depends on your SEO efforts though. We're not pros when we started SEO. We learned along the way. But, it was all worth it.
Curious to know your insight on what you did in those 7 years to keep your blogging running for that long.

SamJones87 is offline   Reply With Quote