Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd August 2016, 02:05 AM   #31
chetan_kamble

Location: 27 Old Gloucester, Street London, WC1N 3AX, United Kingdom

Their are many ways to market your product.
Online marketing like Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc. and their are offline marketing option as well.
Having database of prospective clients is a good start, now you just have to convert them to actual client which is important part.
Using only E-mails is not that effective, though some of E-mails may help you get client most of them don't.
You have to target them online on social media telling about need of your product in their facility, also you can meet them personally, flyers, brochures and other offline stuff with which you can advertise your product.

of course providing free coffee machine is nice way to attract attention of client, use that in all your campaign.

chetan_kamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th August 2016, 02:50 PM   #32
SocMediaMaven

Send a message via Skype™ to SocMediaMaven

My expertise lies in the top 4 social media platforms. If you'd like tips/strategies regarding Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+, send me a message.

Other than social media, I only have general knowledge as to which marketing avenues will serve you best.

SocMediaMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2016, 11:17 PM   #33
CodyDeegan
VIP Contributor

Choosing a platform whether online or offline should be justified by the audience reached.

Old 30th August 2016, 11:02 AM   #34
G8kpr

Default Gaining Local Clients

What has always worked for me, across business types, has been to attend LOCAL business networking events (bring a gazillion cards). You are able to meet the business owner face-to-face in a way that does not seem like a sales pitch to them, as they are there to equally gain contacts and business. Try it, it has worked for me.

G8kpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 07:23 AM   #35
jackluter

Try to express your product and services in a blog and make it viral with attractive images or you can use classifieds, local business listing and social networking.

jackluter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2016, 06:07 AM   #36
Silverlane

You are offering free coffee machines and that should build your confidence to talk directly to business owners or person in charge.

But first, check your competitors to see how they market their own brand. Take a closer look at how they approach their potential customers.

Second, do some taste test to see how your coffee stands against competitors (go to local events or anywhere where people gathers).

Third, observe those that favor your coffee to define your potential customers (gender, age, income level, etc).

And if there's a chance, ask them why they favor one over the other.

Then base on the result, design your marketing plan.

Silverlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2017, 11:47 PM   #37
jobibex

You provide something for free yet you are struggling to sell it?!

jobibex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 06:53 PM   #38
Brooke.Harper

Default A couple of things

Quote:
Originally Posted by espresSoGood View Post
Hi guys,

I own and operate a niche coffee business that provides free coffee machines to large facilities.
Hi. How do you make a profit when you're providing your product for free? Are you providing free coffee machines as a way to advertise your coffee business? The way I look at it, you can't make money out of providing free stuff to people. I hope you had made it more specific.

Quote:
I have built a database and have been sending emails to prospective clients. What else can I do to get new clients?
Regardless of what you're in the business for -- providing free stuff or paid ones-- it would be awesome if:
(1) you built a website where you can post your products and create a blog page where you can discuss anything about coffee while using SEO for traffic.
(2) Created a Facebook Page and made use of FB ads to reach your target audience.
(3) You can also post a Craigslist ad on a weekly basis about what your product or services is all about and what you can do those other businesses under the same niche can't.

Last edited by Brooke.Harper; 19th May 2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: incorrect spacing
Brooke.Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 08:23 AM   #39
career2nextorbi

take out the help of social media and post your product and services over there, i sure you will get the best result with this!!

career2nextorbi is offline   Reply With Quote