Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Copywriting
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th January 2015, 06:07 AM   #11
techdis7

Default Create visuals

It depends on the topic and your knowledge. Also, depends on you are writing for what like microblog, leadership blog, whitepaper...Sometimes images can say a lot more than writing.

Create visual if you can. Visuals have higher impact than text.
Also you can Repurpose the content already written....

For reference you can read following articles:

Avatars of Visual Content Beyond the Written Word

techdis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th January 2015, 01:08 PM   #12
ben1975

I think that its difficult to put a time frame on content writing. Sometimes leaving an article to simmer then going back to it later reveals floors in logic and factual errors that you hadn't noticed before.

You can leave an article then maybe the following day going back to it will help you gain a fresher perspective on the subject matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfischer980 View Post
How much time do you take to write a unique content with original ideas. I know there is no limit on the amount of time we do for research. But I just wanted to compare notes to understand how slow or fast I need to be or what I am doing wrong. I will appreciate all of your replies. Also what is the source of your research.

ben1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 04:54 AM   #13
SebaT

It depends. It's not only the time it takes to write the article, but research will also take time. If you want to write an interesting and detailed article, you need to make time for proper research.

SebaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2015, 12:17 AM   #14
jeffscott
VIP Contributor

You have all the time and keep it wisely and focus on your targeted audience.

jeffscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2015, 05:29 PM   #15
MichaelXH

'As long as it takes' is both right and wrong. Right in that it's true, wrong in that it doesn't say much, and becomes an excuse if you repeat it often enough.

With practice, you can speed up your writing. If you're writing for web, your copy should be clean, efficient, and fairly brief -- for most purposes, a 500-600 word piece of short paragraphs and uncomplicated sentences is what you'll want. That piece doesn't have to be difficult. It doesn't have to be time consuming. It still will be, if you're not used to writing it. But if you practice chomping out short, web-ready pieces, you can easily push yourself to make 'as long as it takes' not all that long.

Short answer: 1-2 hours if you want to.

Old 26th June 2015, 02:09 AM   #16
spoonman_PL

Frankly, it depends. There are topic areas which immediately turn some ideas and even if you have minute knowledge about these, you can generate ideas almost on the spot.
This dawned upon me when I was writing content-filling articles about cars or language teaching. No matter what the subject was, overall I needed little or no research at all to generate ideas.
HOwever, there's very thin line between what is original/unique content and what is not. I always felt that fresh content is not necessarily about fresh ideas. It's rather about the structure (correct me if I'm wrong but I tend to think that's the way Google sees it too)

spoonman_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2015, 07:11 AM   #17
Kumar Palani

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfischer980 View Post
How much time do you take to write a unique content with original ideas. I know there is no limit on the amount of time we do for research. But I just wanted to compare notes to understand how slow or fast I need to be or what I am doing wrong. I will appreciate all of your replies. Also what is the source of your research.
A perfect way to write a perfect content is to ignore "How long it takes" focus should be on "How good will it be?". At the end of the day when you deliver a speech your focus should be on the audience, their interest, what they like, what not, how they would respond and so on.. (While time should still be kept in mind, it is not the main focus).

As a writer matures over time, he/she can manage time and quality in a perfect match. For now ignore how long it takes, and just focus on the quality, information and engagement. As you practice keeps going, "time will take care of time-frame." .

Old 14th October 2015, 05:00 AM   #18
handsomegenius

With a typical client, I'll spend maybe 30% of the time on research, planning and preparation. Proper preparation makes the writing not only better, it makes it much easier too, so skimping out on it is a false economy. When you've prepared the content properly, you can pretty much come up with everything off the top of your head. In my agency days, clients were not always willing to participate enough to get this level of preparation, making the work a real slog.

handsomegenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2015, 05:59 AM   #19
Ola Rybacka

I suggest you keep your posts in a really good quality - it will be heard on the grapevine.

Ola Rybacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 06:29 PM   #20
gregorydiehl

You have to anticipate how your reader is going to react with each new revelation about the product you are selling so you know how to guide their emotions and thoughts next, even when they aren't right in front of you. So really, when I write it's like I am mentally playing both parts of the conversation in my head, with little breaks in between each sentence or paragraph.

gregorydiehl is offline   Reply With Quote