Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th January 2014, 10:59 AM   #1
Pbeebee

Default Business Recommendations

Hello!

I'd like to start a small business. I prefer to invest under 30,000 to begin with. I was recommended real estate, ATM machines, or delivery route. Does anyone have any good recommendations for me? My goal is to have my business create passive income within a few years, and run with a minimal time investment from me. I do plan to keep my full time job. I work about 40 hours a week. I can cut down my hours if necessary. I will be doing this on my own. Also, is a franchise a good idea? An idea I had was look into some health care franchise. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Pbeebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th February 2014, 05:51 PM   #2
MWCC TC

ATMs are always a great idea if you have the bank roll to purchase the machines AND load them up with cash. I'd say $3,000 in each machine you buy would work at a slow location.

You can have this running passively pretty much as soon as you launch. Just get a few bars or restaurants to let you put your machines in and then check them every week to see if they need to be filled.

Some machines even let you go online to check their balance lol. I'm not sure if they will send you an email alert or not if the balance is low, but that would be pretty amazing if they did

Some of the machines are expensive, around $6,000. I think you can rent machines too.

MWCC TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 08:17 PM   #3
Pbeebee

Default Re

Great , thanks! I thought there might be some catch or something I wasn't realizing, but it seems straightforward. Do you own machines yourself?

Pbeebee is offline   Reply With Quote