how can wordpress or log format actually helps me in marketing my products or services ? and where can i get them from?
The most popular and robust blogging software is probably Wordpress. The hosted version is at http://www.wordpress.com
and the version you must install on your own server space is http://www.wordpress.org
... I think most businesses would recommend the latter. I believe wordpress.com sets your blog up as a subdomain and I am not completely clear on the SEO implications of this, although I "think" there can be some ranking challenges with subdomains (don't quote me on that). This is not to mention that many people feel it's more professional looking to have your blog on your own top level domain (on your own server).
what kinds of attitude and format should i use when blogging for my business?
That is completely up to you and depends very much on what you think your market would appreciate. That said, business blogs tend to be a little more casual than their conventional website counterparts. Again, the point of blogging is to show some personality, be interesting, get noticed! You do want to decide on an overall theme or topical focus which I think is good for traffic.
what are others things that i can add to my blog or do to enhance the attractiveness of my business blog?
A few rules of the game for successful blogging:
1) fresh content (blog often)
2) quality content (write well but you don't have to be a rocket scientist or anything)
3) optimize for the search engines where appropriate
4) use a blog roll
5) keep abreast of what is happening around the blogosphere as it pertains to your industry ... then comment on those happenings in your own blog when it's relevant or you have something interesting to say.
6) add quality comments to other like minded blogs.
7) use a blogroll to show other blogs you like and appreciate.
8) put your blog URL in your signature line when sending emails.
9) submit your blog to blog directories
Truly, the principles are very similar to that of website marketing. Do something, one thing preferably, really really well and then let the world know about it