Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > Questions About the Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27th June 2009, 10:41 AM   #31
Logan
Administrator

The links are followed. We started this forum well before the nofollow tag was implemented by the search engines, so we have maintained a stance that one of the benefits of contributing (quality posts) to this forum is the exposure you receive from your signature link.

It does take us work to maintain a spam free environment, but if you contribute something that is of value to others here ... our philosophy has always been that you should receive some benefit for that contribution.

I am confident that if we keep things spam free the search engines will also continue to recognize the value in this website/community. It's all hitched on us keeping things spam free ... but if we do members will continue to provide valuable content and the search engines will continue to see it that way, regardless of the signature links. quality matters, here!

One other thing, as a member of this website you can help us keep up the quality of this website by reporting any spam that you do see. If you see someone enter posts that don't provide any value to our community or seem to be just for link spam, feel free to report it to us. It is always appreciated when we receive those reports from members.

Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 27th June 2009, 11:55 PM   #32
Amir W.
VIP Contributor

thanks, Logan. I think the quality is evident and that's why it has been such a successful forum! lots of great info shared here.

Amir W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:51 AM   #33
Alan Maverick

Thanks Logan, your advice has been great. I agree with Amir about this forum being really successful, it's great.

Alan Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 08:00 PM   #34
multimediocrity

Oops! I got in trouble for breaking a rule in the beginning. I can't remember what it was. Any chance we'll be able to add images in the near future?

multimediocrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 01:15 AM   #35
Pine

I am new, just set up my signature. Please I need some advice - Am I over doing it with my sign links? will less be more. Will one link with description be a better option.
Thanks

Pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 11:14 AM   #36
Logan
Administrator

Hi Pine, welcome aboard

There is not a right or wrong answer to that. I don't think you are overdoing it, but you have to decide if you want other text in your signature link. My suggestion, keep with what you have and take some time to see it's impact after you have been posting awhile. That will then give you a feel for what to do. It isn't just based on your signature links, but the page you are linking to and a variety of other factors. See this for the importance of various seo factors - http://www.seomoz.org/article/search...anking-factors

With that you will notice the keywords in your link text are considered one of the most important factors, while text surrounding the link does play a role but isn't typically considered to carry as much weight.

Old 8th February 2010, 04:41 PM   #37
MyTownsBusiness

how do i get my link embedded IN my text?? (ie: I want 'My Town's Business' to be the signature, but i want it to link to my site)

MyTownsBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2010, 04:47 PM   #38
Logan
Administrator

Here is the code I switched it to for you

Code:
[url="http://www.mytownsbusiness.com" ]My Town's Business [/URL ]
I added extra spaces so it would show here

Old 13th March 2010, 10:49 AM   #39
mandylee216

Send a message via Yahoo to mandylee216

The admins here are very friendly. It would be a pleasure to check out some of their promotions here.

Some moderators will just give you a link on how to do it, but here, they post the instructions.

mandylee216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 11:45 AM   #40
jadesummer9

Hi, I just want to give some info with regards to this, hope this "MIGHT" help you. Because i encountered this problem before. I want my link to become click-able so that whenever i will click my link it will direct me to my website. By doing some experimentation my problem was solved. What I did was I put the "http://www." followed by my website link. example http://www.mywebsite.com I always put that so in such a way my link become click-able and direct me on my site. This works well with me, hope it will work with you as well.

jadesummer9 is offline   Reply With Quote