Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st March 2012, 05:19 AM   #1
PiaKS

Default How To Get Guest Bloggers?

Hi,

I have tried registering in MyBloggerLinkup and MyBlogGuest to get guest bloggers for our blog: http://recruiterbox.com/blog.

However, I have not received much response.

Is there any other way I can get get guest bloggers?

Our blog talks about everything that small businesses, start-ups and first time entrepreneurs need to know about recruiting, increasing productivity, building better teams, SEO strategies, social media trends, building traffic, and getting to the next step.

If anyone from Small Business Brief is interested to guest post, please do contact me.

Thanks.
PiaKS

PiaKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 21st March 2012, 05:51 AM   #2
mktgbiz

I'm looking forward to replys on this topic!

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:46 AM   #3
revaxmedia

Approach webmasters from other relevant forums - guest blogging is a great way to build backlinks so most people are open to doing it however PR will help.

Old 29th March 2012, 03:48 AM   #4
mdenise | Print

My only advice for you is to contact as many bloggers as you can. You will not know who will reply, but the more people you email, the bigger chance that you will get replies. Just be friendly and professional; present your written topics and be open if the blogger has suggestions for your post. Good luck!

Old 29th March 2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Kevin H

You may also want to think about 'what is in it' for the guest blogger.

Maybe it's just me, but by the time I write something, leave it a while, re-read it, re-write it, leave it, re-read it, fix as many typo as possible etc it can take me a couple of hours to write a blog article.

Always assuming I don't also need to research the topic, get others input too!

So, what's in it for me to post it on your blog, rather than my own (of course this assumes real effort is being made to write a decent blog, not just throw something together) - not saying mine ARE good, but saying I make the effort

Does your blog get read by a large number of people in my niche? Or at least, has one of your blogs in my niche been visited by many people, where I can write a follow up post and you will get the message out that a guest post has followed up one that people read before?

Do you tweet to 100s of followers that you have a new blog post on whatever the subject is?

Have you had any guest posts yet that you can 'name drop'? Don't need to be famous, but show you promote people who guest blog for you.

Do people get a 'profile' for guest blogging? (I don't see a written by element in your blogs - no profile etc.) I know that they may or may not get a backlink if they drop them in the text? But for me, I blog as much for reputation building as for the backlinks (I'll take the backlinks don't get me wrong)

Again, may be selfish, but, especially for a business venture, 'what's in it for me?' is a big thing.

Good luck, hope it all works out for you

Last edited by Kevin H; 29th March 2012 at 05:01 AM.
Kevin H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 12:33 PM   #6
mackyanderson

Hello PiaKS,

As I saw your blog. It doesn't really that noticeable that it allows guest bloggers to post in that site. I suggest to have a tab in your homepage or blogpage so that it will let the guest bloggers knows that you are looking for a guest bloggers. (i.e write for us, guest post)

I can recommend your site to some of my guest blogger friends, if you want. Do contact me for some other details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiaKS View Post
Hi,

I have tried registering in MyBloggerLinkup and MyBlogGuest to get guest bloggers for our blog: http://recruiterbox.com/blog.

Our blog talks about everything that small businesses, start-ups and first time entrepreneurs need to know about recruiting, increasing productivity, building better teams, SEO strategies, social media trends, building traffic, and getting to the next step.

If anyone from Small Business Brief is interested to guest post, please do contact me.

Thanks.
PiaKS

Last edited by mackyanderson; 4th April 2012 at 12:36 PM.
mackyanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 09:57 AM   #7
shanna_doll

I made a post about it. Perhaps it might help you:

http://webmagz.net/2012/04/8-ways-to...uest-bloggers/

Btw I'm interested in guest blogging too (tech, seo and web blogs only)

shanna_doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 07:34 PM   #8
MichaelAllen

Guest blogging is great when utilized correctly, as it helps both of the people involved.

Here are a couple of suggestions that might help you in finding guest bloggers.

1) Reach out to people, bloggers or article writers that are within your market or niche. Don't just spam someones inbox or pm folder. Build a relationship with them first. Talk about things of interest. After all you want to make sure this person is capable of entertaining your audience or members while giving them a good read. If you think that they possess the skills ask them if they would be interested. Some writers or bloggers might not know the benefits of guest blogging. Let them know that it not only helps you but it helps them also.

2) Offer this somewhere on your site or blog. Post a link in the menu bar. Make it clear that you are willing to accept articles from guest bloggers. Link this to a contact form along with the rules and exactly what your looking for. Make it clear that it is beneficial to them also. Maybe you will allow 2 links within the article or maybe a link back to there own site at the bottom. This is of course up to you how you want to make it beneficial to the guest blogger.

3) Contact some other bloggers and see if you can swap one blog post for another. Maybe you can do a guest post on there blog and in return they will do an article for you.

Be creative, but more importantly be genuine and interact with other people that share your interest.

These are just a few ideas and hope that they help.

Michael Allen

MichaelAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 08:04 PM   #9
WebsiteSuccess

Send a message via Skype™ to WebsiteSuccess

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
PiaKS
The best way is to ask the admins for each blog directly, i would like to do a guest post if you want my blog is: websitesuccess101.com if you wanna check it out first! Thanks

WebsiteSuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2012, 07:31 PM   #10
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks.
PiaKS

You actually pushed another way of promoting you guest blogging site by posting your guest bloggijng site in this forum. Knowing that there are some guest blogger's that really wants to post their write ups to your blog.

Posting a Classified ad that contains information about your guest blogging site will surley a big help for you.

- Wayne