Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th July 2011, 12:51 PM   #21
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Only 20 of the fans are from my personal page, the rest came through facebook ads so I would think they should be somewhat interested. Your right about the beginning posts, I will keep the posts about customers from here on out.

I've done about everything you said except for limiting posts, I will keep it to once a day from now on. I never did more then two before, but hopefully it helps.

The only thing left I could try is offering coupons that you can only get off of facebook. Hopefully this will help or I am not sure what to do besides giving it a little more time and doing the same thing.

I'll let you know how this turns out for me, Thanks for the help.

Also, I agree the fake charity event is horrible and should never be used, EVER!

www.mediabean.biz

www.philosophyroundtable.com
Mike.Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 8th August 2011, 01:07 PM   #22
NVISIONtradesho

The best way we've grown our numbers is through advertising. Facebook's targetted likes are crucial in gaining not only numbers but to gain the potential customers.

We've also noticed email blasts have helped us. We have a large email list, so it wasn't hard to convince them on facebook.

NVISIONtradesho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 12:41 AM   #23
GoForIt123

You can make great articles, post it on your site. Get people to go there to read it. And continue doing that. Everyone here is right, Content makes people want more. Words sells.

Old 26th August 2011, 03:28 PM   #24
sterling sherre

Just wanted to make sure that anyone struggling to create a facebook fan page for their business knows that woobox is free not branded and easy. Just type in woobox when you are on facebook and you will get taken to the app site. I have no affiliation but wanted to let you know.

sterling sherre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2011, 11:03 AM   #25
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

I think the best methods have been discussed in this thread in great detail for twitter and facebook at least.

www.mediabean.biz

Old 27th August 2011, 10:01 PM   #26
Russell Allert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Bean View Post
I think the best methods have been discussed in this thread in great detail for twitter and facebook at least.
Thanks for the mention, Mike! It's appreciated!

Russell Allert

Russell Allert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 05:35 PM   #27
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Anytime Russell, I started to use your methods on twitter and I only put about an hour into it. The very next day I looked I had 5 new followers that I know are in my target market area.

It may not seem like a lot but that only took an hour and it was my first time ever trying it. Now that I feel I have a good process down I know i can get more then just 5 followers in an hour.

Even if I spent an hour a day and got 10 followers in my target market, that's 3,650 followers a year, for FREE. That is a rough guesstimate and the true number could rise or fall but that's pretty good either way.

I did not know twellow even existed somehow... that piece of information was helpful. Then there is Twit Vid, I did not know that was there either. I already have video's on facebook and youtube, but another place to throw your video's on to is one more link to bring people back to your main site, and it will also help your PR.

So thank you for the great information!

www.mediabean.biz

Last edited by Mike.Bean; 29th August 2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 28th August 2011, 06:13 PM   #28
Russell Allert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Bean View Post
Anytime Russel, I started to use your methods on twitter and I only put about an hour into it. The very next day I looked I had 5 new followers that I know are in my target market area.

It may not seem like a lot but that only took an hour and it was my first time ever trying it. Now that I feel I have a good process down I know i can get more then just 5 followers in an hour.

Even if I spent an hour a day and got 10 followers in my target market, that's 3,650 followers a year, for FREE. That is a rough guesstimate and the true number could rise or fall but that's pretty good either way.

I did not know twellow even existed somehow... that piece of information was helpful. Then there is Twit Vid, I did not know that was there either. I already have video's on facebook and youtube, but another place to throw your video's on to is one more link to bring people back to your main site, and it will also help your PR.

So thank you for the great information!
Awesome! I am glad your found my advice useful. Believe me that it does get easier as you get more familiar with Twitter and how it works.

Just remember that it isn't all about the numbers either. Even one follower can broadcast your message to all of their followers as well. But, well done, Mike.

Oh and I am also following you on Twitter - love to see how it turns out for you.

Russell Allert
Find me on Twitter: @RussellAllert

Russell Allert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2011, 08:05 PM   #29
pontot

The most direct way is to create a fan page or normal account with links to the most important pages regarding your web site. You should be able to publish things for users to see as this is where you are going to thrive off.

Though followers would not always turn out to sales, it still is good to have a platform to which you can give out information.

pontot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2011, 04:21 AM   #30
carolrastet

I agree that good articles can attract customers but I am sure that the first time people visit a site of a group in FB when they see something attractive so you must attract them, you can do it by interesting logo, discount, great picture and so on

carolrastet is offline   Reply With Quote