Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th July 2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Mike.Bean
VIP Contributor

Default What Is The Best Method To Gain Followers In Any Social Networking?

You can not just go around looking for customers and trying to get them to add your account onto face book or twitter or any other social networking site. So how do you do this? Besides having a button on my main websites for these things of course.

It's fairly new but still, in three months nobody is adding me to there face book or twitter. How do I get more target consumers to add me to these websites??

Mike.Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:23 PM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

When in business, you should consider Facebook to be your lead generation source... or at least one of them.

So how do you (or did you) do it before?? For mailing list subscriptions, you need to offer something of value. The same for Facebook.

Not sure of your site... or if you blog... but you could also get more out of it when you start to get controversial in your comments. Yes, you may upset some. But the others... they will be solid followers.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 01:51 AM   #3
DennisChang
VIP Contributor

Having good content surely helps. For a start, maybe you can try get your friends to be your followers first.

Old 19th July 2011, 06:55 AM   #4
melissacatwalk

You should show that you are interesting and we know a lot and we are ready to share your knowledge with people. On Facebook try to set up a fan page.

melissacatwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2011, 01:46 PM   #5
Rojae Braga

Send a message via Skype™ to Rojae Braga

Hi All!

This has also been a real challenge for me when I started using Social Media accounts, and I believe it is for everyone.

However, I've come across 2 useful web services that hopefully may help: Twiends & Social Clump. Both of them are used in growing your number of Twitter followers, Youtube subscribers & viewers, & Facebook page likes.

Please see the separate thread that I'll be starting with a comparative analysis for both these sites.

These are quite new services (especially Social Clump) that look promising, and I'd be glad to share my experience with them to everyone.

Old 19th July 2011, 05:28 PM   #6
Candice Robins

Social media is a successful internet marketing tactic for many companies in increasing brand awareness and loyalty. However, it is not always appropriate for every industry or business. Therefore, I would suggest consulting an internet marketing agency to determine whether social media is a beneficial outlet for promoting your business and reaching your customers.

Old 19th July 2011, 10:35 PM   #7
David Jackson
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candice Robins View Post
Social media is a successful internet marketing tactic for many companies in increasing brand awareness and loyalty. However, it is not always appropriate for every industry or business.
I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I can't think of a single industry that couldn't benefit from a properly executed social media marketing campaign.

David Jackson

Old 26th July 2011, 12:50 PM   #8
smallbus01

GOOD CONTENT. Very good useful articles get potential customers interested. Once you get some people interested, you will need to interact with your followers/friends to get them hooked. Keep updating your page and tweets for new products or releases. Try using Linkedin too, very useful.

smallbus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2011, 02:42 PM   #9
Ted GWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
I couldn't disagree more. In fact, I can't think of a single industry that couldn't benefit from a properly executed social media marketing campaign.

David Jackson
I know a guy who owns a small manufacturing company that manufactures small stainless steel components that are sub-assemblies for other parts manufacturers. He has 6 total customers that keep him busy with work. How is a social media campaign going to benefit this guy?

Old 26th July 2011, 06:06 PM   #10
UtahPRGUy

Not to beat a dead horse, but I agree with the others that content is king when it comes to social media. I also think links to other relevant information on other sites is very important if you are trying to gain followers on any social network site.

UtahPRGUy is offline   Reply With Quote