Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th October 2010, 08:09 AM   #1
techmodi

Question Any Different And Special SEO Practices For Dynamic Websites?

Hello all,

One of my clients has approved the proposal for web design and development of a dynamic website in PHP. He demanded for SEO practice right from design and development stage. He also demanded to get top ranking for keywords which will be targeted for some dynamic request form web page. Client is very specific and demanding. I want suggestion for the SEO practices on dynamic web pages and especially for newly launched website.

My search is going on but I am really in need of some guidance.

techmodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 20th October 2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Primarily you need to make sure each url included in the search engines has unique variables such as title tags, headings, etc

The optimization isn't necessarily different, the programming to accomplish that can be ... but its not difficult.

Does every url have unique title tags, etc?

Old 21st October 2010, 09:05 AM   #3
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Primarily you need to make sure each url included in the search engines has unique variables such as title tags, headings, etc

The optimization isn't necessarily different, the programming to accomplish that can be ... but its not difficult.

Does every url have unique title tags, etc?
Actually the website soon will get start for development (as I already mentioned in the first post). It will get developed within one month but the client is very much concern about the SEO of the website. He wants the SEO practices to be followed right from web design and development stage. I have not worked much on dynamic web pages so I am doing search for this and want to know every thing related SEO for dynamic website.

I soon as I start my work I will let you know the theme of the website and some examples of my work so that you will get clear idea out of it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 22nd October 2010, 07:23 AM   #4
DavidHawke

Send a message via Skype™ to DavidHawke

I agree with Logan, something else to do is to make sure the keyword is in the url itself too.

Setting up "on site" SEO isn't different for different websites. But some setups are easier for the search engines to read than others. If by dynamic you are talking about a flash type website, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Also if your client is trying to get you to guarantee top listings, you'll want to be very careful with that too. While you can set up his website to be SEO friendly, depending on the niche and the keywords, it is doubtful you can get a website to rank high with just the on-site SEO, typically it takes back-links and other offsite methods to get a website to rank high.

It can be done, but if you are only getting paid to build the site and not to do monthly SEO, definitely don't guarantee anything.

Old 22nd October 2010, 08:26 AM   #5
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHawke View Post
I agree with Logan, something else to do is to make sure the keyword is in the url itself too.

Setting up "on site" SEO isn't different for different websites. But some setups are easier for the search engines to read than others. If by dynamic you are talking about a flash type website, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Also if your client is trying to get you to guarantee top listings, you'll want to be very careful with that too. While you can set up his website to be SEO friendly, depending on the niche and the keywords, it is doubtful you can get a website to rank high with just the on-site SEO, typically it takes back-links and other offsite methods to get a website to rank high.

It can be done, but if you are only getting paid to build the site and not to do monthly SEO, definitely don't guarantee anything.
Thanks for such useful suggestion! I will discuss some of the points to client also.

Old 22nd October 2010, 08:36 AM   #6
techmodi

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHawke View Post
Oh yeah, Feel free to download my book on SEO, it tells exactly how to set up an SEO friendly site. The link is just below.
I visited the list, the page has some interesting terms like "How to create content", "Using pictures and videos the best way possible." and "Google Local". I am in need of some more knowledge related to these. I will go through the e-book surely. Thanks!

Old 23rd October 2010, 10:57 PM   #7
Social-Media

It does not matter whether a site is static HTML or rendered dynamically using server-side scripting languages... even a Content Management System. Optimization is the same.

The key is rendering optimized HTML. The search engines never see the server-side scripting... they don't know or care whether you're using a CMS or not. Just make sure that the HTML you render dynamically is optimized just like you would that of a static HTML site and life will be good.

Old 26th October 2010, 07:43 AM   #8
jamesparker100

Arrow

Dynamic websites need special attention while doing its SEO. Dynamic website retrieve content on user's request. we need to crawl these pages before user's query so that these pages may rank good once called by the user's query.

Old 1st November 2010, 03:11 AM   #9
DharaKhakhar

Default Go through this link for your research.

hello,
you will get many tips and guidance from this link.i think this will give you additional and useful information on your question.

http://helloexpert.com/landing_searc...ebsite&commit=

DharaKhakhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 02:21 AM   #10
techmodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharaKhakhar View Post
hello,
you will get many tips and guidance from this link.i think this will give you additional and useful information on your question.

http://helloexpert.com/landing_searc...ebsite&commit=
The link is really useful. It's just like an online chat room with so many experts around us and we can also submit query to get instead reply. Thanks!