Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th September 2010, 06:06 AM   #1
bee

Default I've Avoided Forums For Years

I've always thought I should join one but this is the first one that's enticed me in. Compared with most of my clients, I'm a geek, but compared with many of the people I've worked with, I'm a level above user! This is good. It enables me to fill in the gap.

I assist clients with their Internet presence - small to medium UK business owners who treat me as their part-time technical/marketing manager ... and I love it! I'm looking forward to contributing to, and surely gaining something from, this forum.

bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th September 2010, 06:17 AM   #2
howtofranchiseg

Fear bee.. It is always great to be part of forum like this one. I am also on few other forums. The most interesting thing on forum is you meet many different people belonging to many different industry. You get so many new ideas from them.

howtofranchiseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 07:29 AM   #3
hdm
VIP Contributor

Welcome along to the forum, bee.

You'll be pleased to know that you've joined a good one.

Old 7th March 2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Send Marketing

Since I have made a career working in the publishing industry and more lately in direct mail this forum has been really useful for me. I have found it an excellent resource when bridging the gap between offline marketing and online marketing.

And it's always good to talk to people who are doing the same work as you, because you can share ideas.

Last edited by Send Marketing; 8th March 2011 at 05:50 AM.
Send Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 02:16 AM   #5
hdm
VIP Contributor

Welcome along to the forum, direct mail buddy.

Good to meet you here, where are you based?

Regarding bridging the gap between offline and online marketing, we are promoting the use of QR codes on direct mail, making it easier for the reader to visit a page on a website. No typing or reading long URLs. A quick click, and the reader is there.

Taking it one step further, we suggest a QR code on "handwritten" direct mail, combining traditional marketing with the latest technology.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Old 8th March 2011, 06:26 AM   #6
Send Marketing

Hi there, thanks for the welcome.

We are based in the West Midlands but we have worked with clients all over the country.

I really like the idea of using QR codes, I just think that the no-hassle, instant access to the information is perfect for many customers. Personally I like the way there is more information hidden in the code- maybe some people will be curious like me.

I was at a conference last week where those attending were given lanyards with personalized QR codes, so instead of the business card shuffle, you could simply scan each other's QR code.

Of course, this does rely on the fact that you need a smartphone to scan them!

Send Marketing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 01:34 AM   #7
hdm
VIP Contributor

Good morning.

Regarding your last point. This is very true, therefore it is important to also include all contact details in the usual way. I see the QR code as an additional option to call the readers to action.

Old 9th March 2011, 10:32 AM   #8
BSI

Good to have you on board. I know some people look at me as a top level geek and others don't. What I have found is there is always someone that knows more than you do and you can learn from them but at the same time you have knowledge others don't and they can learn from you. I know I always look at what I can learn from others but at the same time how can I help someone else. That is my two sense of philosophy for today. I am glad you joined this is one of the better forums I belong to.

BSI is offline   Reply With Quote