Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th August 2010, 07:12 PM   #1
DanWilliams

Default Who's Using Video Clips ?

Just wondering if any of you are using video marketing to drive traffic to your site/blog,etc ?

DanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th August 2010, 09:04 PM   #2
lyrafire

I'm not yet, but I plan to add one on a landing page when I move my BeneWords site to Wordpress.

lyrafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 03:08 AM   #3
sofiawmr

Today, people like to see moving pictures with sounds rather than plain text, so video marketing is a good option for many. It looks good and is sure to get the message across to potential customers. Even in cases where folks don’t really “get” how your product works, hearing spoken words with regard to your product help them remember it. They cost less than television commercials. Why consider utilizing some type of video marketing for your own company? It’s affordable, effective and can make your business more successful online and overall.

sofiawmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 10:27 AM   #4
lyrafire

For my site, I'm going to start with a very simple Power Point presentation with audio, rather than a talking head. I'm not positive, but it looks to me like Jon Morrow used this approach with his new "Guest Post" series, and he appears to be getting a very good response. Of course, he already has a massive following. Then he used Flow Player to get it up and running.

You can see one of the three from the series here: "How to Get A First Page Ranking on Google".

lyrafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 08:47 PM   #5
DanWilliams

I was thinking along the lines of my own videos, in the office, on my back deck, by the pool, along the highway, whatever answering people's most common questions, concerns about insurance.

DanWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th August 2010, 11:17 PM   #6
Henry_Jakson

Default Who's Using Video

I think When you upload your video to You Tube, exactly how do you go about choosing the keywords for your title and tags? I’m serious… I want you to give it real thought. And my guess is that many of you probably just start typing...

Henry_Jakson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 01:51 AM   #7
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Question Using other peoples videos on your niche site

I have been using video I just found on Youtube.
I guess it would have a lower value but it at least offers variety and a different medium for visitors to enjoy...
So I just register for youtube, write some script for me to say, and then film myself saying it in a location that is related to my niche?

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 04:18 PM   #8
mikebrooks

Video is a highly effective way to improve your search engine results. If you do a lot of videos and put thought into the keywords you're using, you can literally squeeze your competition off the page.

In addition, if you provide good content you will become the authority in your niche and have the ability to build rapport with your prospect.

I do a lot of videos for my clients and it works great.

You can research your keywords using the google keyword tool which is free. Look for keyphrases your customer is likely to use to find you. If you are a landscaper in Palm Beach Florida you would want to look at keywords like "Landscaping Palm Beach FL" or whatever your town is. Then go see what the traffic looks like in the keyword tool.

Then check your competition by going to Google and type in that term to see how many pages come back. If your keyword returns 2 million pages it's tough to crack page 1. But if you can find good keywords that are 500k pages or less, you can do it if you syndicate it to video sites, bookmarking, social media, podcast, blogs. Can't just submit to youtube and hope to crack page 1.

If you want to see how I use video, you can check out my Facebook fanpage. It has one I did and show how I borrowed someone elses content.

The page is new so there isn't much yet. But it will give you a starting point.

mikebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 11:33 AM   #9
trav268

Here is my question about videos.

We have about 13 videos that we produced.

They are all uploaded on our site in various locations.

We also upload the videos to various external websites such as youtube, veoh, metacafe, livevideo, and daily motion. We link these videos back to our website in the video's title, description, and in my profile page (which are mainly no-follow).

Is there a better way to use videos promote our website or are we already going about it the best way possible.

Thanks for your replies.

trav268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 03:23 AM   #10
BC-Rob

I'm actually about to start trying this using VIMEO, Viddler and YouTube... I'll post back (if I remember) with the results if I see much of a difference.