Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th August 2010, 03:28 AM   #1
trnz

Default Using The Same Articles

Hi All
Is it sensible to post the same content/articles on different sites i.e Blogger, Squidoo and Facebook? Obviously it makes sense one way.
It would be very economical for me from a work point of view. But is there any reason why it wouldn't work for the readers?
ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

trnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:38 AM   #2
rockroad005

Putting an article on any article submission site or press release site it is advisable to have your own article, a unique one and must be submitted once, for as we know a lot of bloggers don't want to read a duplicate content on any site, it doesn't help your site having a duplicates.

rockroad005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 02:56 PM   #3
sequoia payroll

It's really not advisable to have duplicate content on multiple sites. That being said, I have multiple blogs and all of them have the same information.

The best thing to do is "spin" the article. A really good tool for this is www.contentboss.com. There is a 30.00 per month charge, but you can spin your article and submit a "different" article at the push of a button. It is a great tool for press releases...

By the way-

Old 6th August 2010, 01:46 PM   #4
trnz

Default Thanks

Hi
Thanks a lot for the input. The answers gave me some direction for starting to read, understand and use the great material on this site.

trnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2010, 12:54 PM   #5
audit01

You can use duplicate content if you want to. The problem arises when search engines have to decide which pages to list higher than others. If multiple sites/pages have duplicate content, not all of them will receive preferable treatment by Google and others.

I know there are people who will "spin" an article to submit to hundreds of article directories. The reason they do this is so search engines do not penalize them for having duplicate content. The link your site receives from duplicate articles will be neglected by Google especially, so you receive no benefit by using such practice.

audit01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 03:24 PM   #6
davidbkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit01 View Post
You can use duplicate content if you want to. The problem arises when search engines have to decide which pages to list higher than others. If multiple sites/pages have duplicate content, not all of them will receive preferable treatment by Google and others.

I know there are people who will "spin" an article to submit to hundreds of article directories. The reason they do this is so search engines do not penalize them for having duplicate content. The link your site receives from duplicate articles will be neglected by Google especially, so you receive no benefit by using such practice.
This is very true, if you want to give your site a head start, it is best to have original content.

davidbkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 11:03 AM   #7
Jonashastings

There are a lot of article spinner to rewrite your articles or better yet tweak the article a little so you can publish it to hundreds of sites. This will avoid you from being penalized by Google.

Jonashastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 11:00 AM   #8
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

This article from Google's Webmaster Central might help:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...e-content.html

A quote from the article:

"Syndicate carefully: If you syndicate your content on other sites, make sure they include a link back to the original article on each syndicated article. Even with that, note that we'll always show the (unblocked) version we think is most appropriate for users in each given search, which may or may not be the version you'd prefer."

So when submitting articles to directories you want to be clear on WHY you're doing it. For exposure? Back links?

Because Google may choose to display a version other than the one you want them to show in the SERPs (i.e. they might NOT display the original version from YOUR website).

HTH,
Karri

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 01:24 AM   #9
naturalbeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonashastings View Post
There are a lot of article spinner to rewrite your articles or better yet tweak the article a little so you can publish it to hundreds of sites. This will avoid you from being penalized by Google.

I agree. You should spun articles to avoid this kind of problem or outsource the job and look for a re-writer to do those tasks.

Old 27th September 2010, 01:48 PM   #10
Asim

Send a message via MSN to Asim Send a message via Skype™ to Asim

The strategy that I use is to post unique content on my own blog site.
I use article submission sites to post articles that I have written for back links as the author bio provides this.

I have post the same article to a number of different sites without any issues, creating back links for my site, which only has unique content that you will not find anywhere else.

Asim is offline   Reply With Quote