Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th July 2010, 09:28 PM   #1
MySmallBiz
VIP Contributor

Default What Kind Of Tweets Do You Hate To See From Others?

I know there are a majority of tweets that people tweet all the time that might get frustrating to see and read constantly. To the extent that you might begin to hate to see what people tweet over and over again. So, what kind of tweets do you hate or dislike to see or read all the time on your twitter?

The tweets that I see being tweeted repeatedly on my twitter is "I'm stuck in traffic" and I'm beginning to hate it. I mean, do I really care? I personally wouldn't find myself tweeting from a car. Oh and another one is the #FF tag. Every Friday you get to see your twitter account filled up of #FF names. And I think "ok... spam anybody?" Are people taking Twitter too seriously these days?

MySmallBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:19 PM   #2
Eagle

I'd rather see "I'm stuck in traffic" than "Buy my stuff" - at least it shows them as human and not bots.

Old 2nd August 2010, 04:10 PM   #3
SEOGOOROO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
I'd rather see "I'm stuck in traffic" than "Buy my stuff" - at least it shows them as human and not bots.
i was just about to say that!

i would love to see real tweets all day rather than constant spam.

somedays i feel if i see another "top 10 social media income....","income autopilot...", or " internet income myths...." tweets i'll explode.

whats weird for me to think is that people still fall for that stuff?

i can almost all ways predict exactly how that marketer is going to market me.....

link to vague tips, popup to squeeze page for "top 10....." info, 100's of future emails containing affiliate links.

SEOGOOROO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 10:24 AM   #4
mattcarpet
VIP Contributor

I agree on both counts, I hate the stuck in traffic, but like it more than the generic and obvious affiliate link spam. I think that twitter was a good idea initially, but it's made people think that complete strangers actually care about when they eat lunch etc. Frankly I don't care, not even a little bit.

Summer Logo Special Now in Effect
mattcarpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 03:49 AM   #5
MySmallBiz
VIP Contributor

I just got another annoying tweet in mind "how do you get 100 free twitter followers" people tweet that constantly! everyday I see that

MySmallBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2010, 10:12 PM   #6
JonJohnson

Default Oh Dont get me started !!!

Tweets I hate

Jon try this program it can get you 1,000's of followers (look at the persons account and they have 87 followers)

I hate these people

JonJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2010, 01:55 AM   #7
Vince & Roxana

Send a message via Skype™ to Vince & Roxana
Default Discovered The Power Of Twitter

I think some people don't even know how to use it...Twitter can be a great marketing tool when used in-conjunction with attraction marketing...Stick to posting valuable information and you should be safe...But to answer your question I say the buy this tweets are the most annoying ones.

Vince & Roxana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 08:17 AM   #8
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

Twitter itself has no meaning. It is just about blah blah blah and nowadays, people are no longer taking it as seriously. They are posting something that has no meaning itself and this is the reason why it is being filled with garbage.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 09:20 AM   #9
BillS

I seriously dislike Twitter tweeters that are only retweeting other tweets.

Sometimes a RT post is appropriate, but some folks have nothing but "RT" starting all of their posts. C'mon folks, if you have nothing new to share then give it a rest. You don't HAVE to tweet every 60 seconds 24/7.

BillS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2010, 10:56 AM   #10
BigDaddys101

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillS View Post
I seriously dislike Twitter tweeters that are only retweeting other tweets.

Sometimes a RT post is appropriate, but some folks have nothing but "RT" starting all of their posts. C'mon folks, if you have nothing new to share then give it a rest. You don't HAVE to tweet every 60 seconds 24/7.
Bill I thought that was the entire purpose of tweeting was to tweet and re tweet. re tweeting is what boosts your tweets rank, maybe I am wrong, but aren't those the followers you want to have as long as they aren't re tweeting the same message over and over again?

I was just wondering because that was my theory on tweeting and I aimed to get those people as my followers, especially when in my niche.

BigDaddys101 is offline   Reply With Quote