Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 28th July 2010, 03:29 PM   #1
roxics

Default Oh No! Partner Won't Communicate

So we incorporated about a month ago. Last I communicated with him was on Friday when he sent me an email saying he'd definitely call me Saturday and wanted to get together with me on Sunday to discuss our website. A website I've designed and built and he is/was supposed to program.
Saturday he never called, so I called him. No return call. Sunday I sent him an email and tried to call again, once again no return email or call. Monday I sent him a text message, nothing.

Today is now Wednesday. I found out from a co-worker that him and this co-worker have a side project of their own going on and that this co-worker of mine talked to him on the phone for two hours Monday and has plans to meet him tonight at a Starbucks. Another co-worker who is personal friends with him has been talking to him on a regular basis she tells me.

I don't know why he cut me off. I can't think of anything I would have said or done. I mean the only times we've ever really talked was about the website, so it can't be anything personal. I don't even care that he's got a side project with one of my co-workers. Not a big deal to me. But this guy owns 50% of our new corporation. We're not making any money yet. At this point his behavior to me just seems absolutely childish. All I want is for him to just send me a return email and say "hey I'm sorry but I'm too busy I can't do it anymore" or "I still want to do it but I've got these other things going on."
But right now I'm kinda pulling my hair out because he's not communicating with me at all. So of course I'm thinking the worst like maybe he's planning on stealing the idea and doing his own thing.

What do I do? How do I get this guy out of the company. He owns 50% or 1000 shares, which I paid for. He hasn't invested any money into this. But I'm pretty much broke as it is so I can't afford an expensive process. What's the quickest and easiest way to get him out? Especially if he won't talk to me.

roxics is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th July 2010, 11:29 AM   #2
mktgbiz

Contact an attorney. Send an official letter........response will happen!

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2010, 11:55 AM   #3
TravisPetelle

Yea hate to say it, but you need to start looking into legal action. This happens to often then not with partnerships. You learn quick though lol.

TravisPetelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 07:43 AM   #4
roxics

I really don't have the money for legal action. If I can get a hold of him, is there an easy way to get him to leave the company and sign over his shares?
What kind of paperwork would I need for that?

roxics is offline   Reply With Quote