Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd June 2010, 05:31 PM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default 5 Effective Techniques To Get More Done In Less Time

People often say that once you have started your small business you can pretty much forget about your wife, girlfriend, kids, friends or everyone else that matter in your personal life. While it is true that running a business is no small task – they don’t call the owners Chief Everything Officer for no reason – there are ways by which you can get more done in less time and have time left to enjoy those personal moments.

Here are five techniques we have found useful in our experience in running the previous business as well as the current one.

Read more - http://www.angelbusinessadvisors.com...-in-less-time/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th June 2010, 09:28 PM   #2
Hugha

Interesting article, especially about multi-tasking.

Setting the phone on DND and turning off the pop up e-mail notifications are easy enough, but you have ot check in sometime. So how do you truly single task?

I have 3 employees in the office, so how do I stay on task when they have questions, issues, etc.?

Hugha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2010, 05:47 PM   #3
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugha View Post
Interesting article, especially about multi-tasking.

Setting the phone on DND and turning off the pop up e-mail notifications are easy enough, but you have ot check in sometime. So how do you truly single task?

I have 3 employees in the office, so how do I stay on task when they have questions, issues, etc.?
I think it depends on what kind of tasks you are doing in the multi-task. Many times it may be OK for employees to interrupt and ask questions. What you don't want to do is have Instant Messenger running; while talking on phone when you are trying to focus on a proposal. Microsoft Outlook (email program) has a "feature" that pops snippet of an email every time it comes to your inbox. I find it very distracting. Invariably you find yourself stopping whatever you are doing and checking the email to see what's in it. These are the things you don't want to have.

At times when you absolutely have to focus on the job you want to shut off everything. I do it frequently when I am writing my blog post.

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2010, 02:31 AM   #4
musicworld1

hey

but social values vary from area to area. it is not practicable in every area.

musicworld1 is offline   Reply With Quote