Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 8th August 2009, 02:49 PM   #1
sharpmgt

Default Feedback On This Business Idea

I am currently researching my idea to see if there is a market for it. To sum it up in a nut shell, it is a business that helps businesses build affordable training websites that grant special access to their employees. The benefits are: that it s low cost to maintain, easy to change the training material, it will reduce a companies HR expense (because they reduce training cost) and employees can learn on their own time instead of using company hours.

I would just like some feedback on my idea to see if it is:
1) too risky?
2) if there is a demand for this?
3) How can i go about marketing this?

sharpmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th August 2009, 06:37 AM   #2
alexander.m

i think it is a very good idea

for marketing, you should send promotional material to company headquarters or make them special offers.

To convince yourself that there is a market, make the platform you need for your web site am make a beta version, them ask a couple of your friend that have companies to try it.

And hire a very good HR director to help you make the training programs.

Good luck

alexander.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2009, 03:43 PM   #3
eGlobeRC

My question is: where does the content from? Do you develop content? Does the client using the system develop content? Developing content can be time consuming and require experts. I have used corporate training systems in the past that were pretty good system-wise (I wasn't particularly impressed with the content however).

eGlobeRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2009, 05:55 PM   #4
NeverGiveUp

>>I would just like some feedback on my idea to see if it is:
>>1) too risky?

I would say risk comes with everything . In my opinion, the risk in this case will be the fact that many companies already have chosen vendors to implement their training, so you'll have to go the extra mile in differentiating yourself.

>> 2) if there is a demand for this?

See above

>> 3) How can i go about marketing this?
I would start by first identifying what kind of companies you would like to target. Also, do you have any specialized skills? If so, you may get your foot in the door by first creating your own training with your personal touch which is far better than what they currently have in place.

Best of luck!

NeverGiveUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2009, 08:10 AM   #5
DavidMort
VIP Contributor

I 'm just sure there is high demand of this, as I can see it now.Of couse it's risky as sometimes it's difficult to compete all the competitors.So try to do your job with high quality, and you'll have people who will be ready to give you money for this

DavidMort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 05:27 AM   #6
niceadorn

Send a message via MSN to niceadorn Send a message via Yahoo to niceadorn

it is a good idea.have a good luck.

niceadorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 06:21 AM   #7
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

Good idea (great idea) but I could see a boatload of information to process if you use conventional excell or the like.

Keeping overhead down and most importantly accuracy would be the 2 main goals if I would start such a business.

However there's also cheap ways of making it seam as if you are doing more...power points...monthy mailers to managers... BTB networking... possibilities

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 10:32 PM   #8
cpace

Seems like companies are always looking for ways to reduce costs in this current economy. Sounds like a decent idea to start with, although some details (such as website material sources) are lacking.

cpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2009, 06:25 AM   #9
zmonique2007
VIP Contributor

It's a good business to start with! But, analyze the business first by taking a closer look at all areas before proceeding. Know how wide is the demand for this business by doing a research. Although, you have lots of competitors, better offer and quality would be your edge. In order to do this, you need to keep track of your competitor's formulas.

zmonique2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2009, 12:32 AM   #10
andrew201

You are trying to start a business,which is too risky.
And one thing you should be confirmed about his online training,that the site you made have a full protection,from the hackers.
And your online training should be safe from all this harms.

andrew201 is offline   Reply With Quote