Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th July 2009, 12:52 PM   #1
kevdog

Default Have I Lost My Mind? Roof Cleaning?

I have wanted to own my own business for years but have never seemed to find the right idea. I have thought about many things I could do, home inspection, remodeling business.....the list is long.

I seem to lean toward things that would get me outside. I have spent the last 22 yrs in service/retail, the last 12 in management. I seem to be frustrated by working for the "man".

Recently things have happened at my current job that have pushed me to start thinking about my own business again. This time I am thinking about a roof cleaning business. It seems to be a new thing, I can only find one person in my area that does this and he must not advertise much cause it took alot of digging to find him.

I guess my question is does anyone know if there is any money to be made here? Is this a good business to start and where can I get info on how to start? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

kevdog

kevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 16th July 2009, 06:10 AM   #2
JustinMarch

Your best bet is to come up with a business plan to see if there's any money in it... Have a look at www [dot] flyingstartups [dot] com/books/start_your_business_week_week

In the first instance you could canvas an area or street to see what people think, explain the benefits and ask what they might be prepared to pay for the service.

JustinMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2009, 02:18 AM   #3
FL Management

Roof Cleaning need information over it I have a good site for you. http://www.roofingstpetersburgfl.com/

FL Management is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 10:42 PM   #4
GWTofTN

Kevdog

All the information you need is located at the American Roof Cleaners Association

Great bunch of roof cleaners over there and they will teach you all you need to know. There are several that make a good living in just roof cleaning alone but there are also several add on services that you can do such as gutter and house washing etc. Come on over and take a look.

You can call me if you have any questions.

GWTofTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 12:37 AM   #5
roof cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdog View Post
I have wanted to own my own business for years but have never seemed to find the right idea. I have thought about many things I could do, home inspection, remodeling business.....the list is long.

I seem to lean toward things that would get me outside. I have spent the last 22 yrs in service/retail, the last 12 in management. I seem to be frustrated by working for the "man".

Recently things have happened at my current job that have pushed me to start thinking about my own business again. This time I am thinking about a roof cleaning business. It seems to be a new thing, I can only find one person in my area that does this and he must not advertise much cause it took alot of digging to find him.

I guess my question is does anyone know if there is any money to be made here? Is this a good business to start and where can I get info on how to start? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

kevdog
Kevdog, check out the Roof Cleaning Institute Of America for free training and roof cleaning certification.
I am Chris of Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa.
I have been a member here for a considerable time.
This is a great forum, you can learn a lot here.
We at the Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Forum can teach you how to clean roofs safely, but this Forum will teach you how to GET business.

roof cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 02:47 AM   #6
ricaroofers

You should try to create some kind of visibility study for every business that you want to start. This could give you some concrete result that either need to continue or stop already. The roof cleaning business could be fine for some areas of the state.

Last edited by ricaroofers; 17th February 2010 at 08:57 AM.
ricaroofers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2010, 04:39 AM   #7
David Morson

Just try to start that business for which you have some experience and awareness otherwise it becomes tough to get success in a business, of whom one is not well aware of. Try to seek some sort of niche business.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 12:22 PM   #8
roofcleaning nc

Quote:
Originally Posted by roof cleaning View Post
Kevdog, check out the Roof Cleaning Institute Of America for free training and roof cleaning certification.
I am Chris of Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa.
I have been a member here for a considerable time.
This is a great forum, you can learn a lot here.
We at the Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Forum can teach you how to clean roofs safely, but this Forum will teach you how to GET business.
I am also a member and Certified Roof Cleaning Instructor on the Roof Cleaning Institute of America.

Check us out.

roofcleaning nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 02:35 PM   #9
PressureProsInc
VIP Contributor

I've added roof cleaning to my pressure washing services. I've been in business nearly a decade so I do have the benefit of an extensive customer base.

Here is an article I wrote for anyone interested in starting a roof cleaning business:

http://www.squidoo.com/roof-cleaning...-black-streaks

PressureProsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:39 AM   #10
roof cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressureProsInc View Post
I've added roof cleaning to my pressure washing services. I've been in business nearly a decade so I do have the benefit of an extensive customer base.

Here is an article I wrote for anyone interested in starting a roof cleaning business:

http://www.squidoo.com/roof-cleaning...-black-streaks
Great roof cleaning article Ken!

roof cleaning is offline   Reply With Quote