Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Search Engine Optimization
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th June 2009, 03:59 AM   #1
MRchamps

Default Forum Postings And Backlinks

It is said that postings in forums (do follow) with signature included in it will get you backlinks.I need help as i want to know that at what point of time or when would it be shown as backlinks from forum postings..?

Old 29th June 2009, 11:34 AM   #2
david64

Building links via forum signatures is very ineffective as links from forums carry very little weight. If you used it as a sole link building strategy, you'd only be able to take a few small terms with it.

david64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2009, 01:43 PM   #3
lunartcorp

At least, Google does not count them. However, Yahoo shows them up in the inboundlink list (it may help for something).

I would recommend using The Signatures to drive traffic rather than Link Building Strategic.

Regards,

Jose

Old 30th June 2009, 04:40 AM   #4
Hsekhar

Forum signatures may carry only little weight but, in this case, something is better than nothing.

To OP: As soon as search engines found those links they are counted as backlinks.

Hsekhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2009, 10:12 PM   #5
VenalTech

Google can usually find signature links on moderately popular forums within just a day. Google crawls forums pretty intensely. Search results however, aren't updated whenever new backlinks are found. You might have to wait a week or so to see any changes in the search results.

VenalTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 02:15 AM   #6
kennethb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunartcorp View Post
At least, Google does not count them. However, Yahoo shows them up in the inboundlink list (it may help for something).

I would recommend using The Signatures to drive traffic rather than Link Building Strategic.

Regards,

Jose
I Agreed. The other benefit of a signature link is that others who are interested may click directly on it to go to your site. Both ways will drive some traffic to your site. It must be noted that not all signature links use the same type of codes. Some forums, for example, uses BB code, instead of the usual HTML.

If you think your site contains some helpful informations that someone else is seeking, post your site or relevant page link on the thread. Remember to make them into clickable URLs. This will drive traffic from forum visitors as well as increase back-links. Back-links are crucial for page ranking.

kennethb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 02:35 AM   #7
sahota

I do think that forum links do count. Google do count them as back links but might be don't give huge importance. You can see in your Google webmaster tools if google has counted these links or not. For me forum links also appear in Google webmaster links section, which means google atleast has found those back links. Now its another thing that they might not be giving them much importance. I think if website is small and local then these links will be very handy.

sahota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:17 PM   #8
pwaller30

well at least it can drive traffic as well. better than nothing at all.

pwaller30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2009, 05:34 AM   #9
Vishenda

All small things can still a great help

Vishenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 03:07 PM   #10
Mr Money Maker

If you want top get rankings on Google, try submitting to higher PR ranked webistes.
What I do is I own a bunch of high ranked websites already, so I place a link on each and Google will rank my website svery quickly

Mr Money Maker is offline   Reply With Quote