Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 70,000 small business folks with over 120,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st March 2009, 06:10 PM   #1
obes99

Default BEACH Business Ideas?

I have been working as a psychiatric RN for 15 years now and feeling kind of burnt out. I bought a house/cottage in Wasaga Beach, Ontario and would love to find a way of working there. Does anyone have any ideas of cool beach ideas that might not have made it to Canada yet?

obes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd March 2009, 01:28 AM   #2
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Hi obes99!
You don't mention if you are STILL working as an RN, or not, so I will assume that you are. Starting a business (which is really what you're trying to do) could work out really well for you. Specially if you're going to keep it smart and work from your new place.

I am not going to toss cold water on any ideas that may come from this forum, but everybody who is succeeding in business will tell you that you should be following your passion. If you really like what you do, it's not work!

I have an associate that tells me I am always working. He's too thick skulled to understand that if you really enjoy it, it's not work.

Now, does that mean it's going to be easy?? No. Dreams don't work unless you do. But if you currently have an income that can support you, now would be a great time to spend a few extra hours a day putting your dream business together. The hope would be that as it grows, it will be able to replace your current income.

Working on-line is probably the easiest, quickest way to get going, although it can be an uphill battler to get sites out there, get into search and actually make money. Keep in mind that if you start right now, you're about 6 months away from even being FOUND in Google because of the good old sandbox delay.

The biggest mistake you can make, like so many others, is to NOT take action. Be positive, figure out your real passion and then how to monetize it. And if you're good, you will find several different ways to do that so you create multiple streams at the same time.

Good luck.

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2009, 07:31 AM   #3
MooMan

That's some very good advise, if your heart isn't in the project it wont work, so you need to find something you are passionate otherwise interest will rapidly fade.

MooMan is offline   Reply With Quote