Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th April 2013, 07:58 AM   #51
drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H. View Post
I have a small electrical co. which has changed its area of work and I am trying market more low voltage security systems. I am in the process of having a website developed and was looking for opinions on the best way to go about the seo and how important Goolge/Yahoo local would be as far as leads. I wanted to market my business in a 25 mile radius area of my residence.
It is clear Google Places (Google+ Local) is the major weapon in your marketing armoury, although there have been big problems of late with the (largely) unsuccessful migration into Google+ Local.

But, Google is assuring us these problems are now resolved.
http://googleandyourbusiness.blogspo...-google_2.html

Unsure personally
http://www.consultancymarketing.co.u...l-integration/

... but let's see.

Old 3rd October 2013, 06:20 PM   #52
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Definitely search an established competitor and see what local free listings they have taken advantage of and submit to them too.

Create three blogger blogs using your most searched for terms, like "roof-repairs-denver.blogspot.com" "leaking-roof-quotes.blogspot.com" and the like and fill it with IMAGES of your work, original and with detailed captions to describe what you have done. This way you will have online catalogs of what you have done and you can update over time. This is free and definitely helps with building seo momentum.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 10:35 PM   #53
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Google+ Local listing is your first priority. Take the time and trouble to get it right, because it will set the standard for all of your other directory listings online.

Once you're satisfied with your Google+ Local listing, make a copy of all the fields and the exact text they contain.

As you set up your listings with other online directories, be absolutely certain that you make each one consistent with your Google+ Local listing.

The reason is simple: Google will ignore or discount your listings that are not consistent with your Google+ Local listing.

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2014, 01:43 AM   #54
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Another important aspect of building your business using the Internet is to have a main, central website for your business — where all your regular content is available — then have TWO other sites to cover two critically important functions:
  1. A simpler, more direct lead generation site — with a suitable domain name (NOT the name of your business, but based on keywords related to what prospective customers are likely to look for… what you do and where you're located). The purpose of this site is to make your business easy and fast to find online, and to deliver your offers directly to your target audience — and to capture their names and contact details for intelligent follow-up.
  2. A mobile website that's specifically designed to attract and keep mobile device users — with streamlined information and practical, useful tools and features that enable viewers to connect and interact with your business. This should be on the same domain as your lead generation website, but NOT automatically identified by a server-side script triggered by the device being used to view it. Instead, the landing screen should offer a choice — if you're on a mobile device, click for the mobile site, but if you're on a desktop or laptop computer, click for the desktop/laptop lead generation site. You should also have an active, clearly-identifiable link to your mobile site on the home page of your main site.
This may seem unnecessarily complicated, but there are good reasons for this structure — and they’ll give you a definite edge over your local competition.

Yes, you can use Responsive Web Design to create sites that can reconfigure themselves to suit any screen size. A major benefit of this is Google's stated preference for Responsive Web Design rather than script-driven recognition for mobile sites. The additional load on Google's search servers slows down delivery of search results, and Google is not recognising many mobile web sites that require server-side scripts to identify them. The fact that Responsive Web Sites don't need any recognition and redirection scripts or special sub-domains makes life massively easier for search engines, because the destination URL is the same for all devices — it's the coding that determines which screen size is displayed.

But Responsive Web Design is a compromise, and not always a very effective one. If you want to be in control of your market communications, you need a smarter approach.

Savvy marketers are beginning to grasp this reality, but not many. Most online marketers are prepared to risk failure by refusing to cater properly to these important — and growing — audiences. YOU have the chance to get it right and steal the lead from your competition.

Last edited by MarketingDoctor; 12th June 2014 at 01:48 AM.
MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2014, 01:28 PM   #55
msrd

Default Also Known As...

You Google NAP (Name/Address/Phone). This advice below is absolutely correct. If nothing else your NAP must be exact on every single business directory you submit to.

And if you can include a video on your Google + and other directory listings as well, you'll see noticeable results.

Other directories that work (and consistently show up in page one) are Yelp, Merchant Circle, Superpages, and Yahoo Local...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingDoctor View Post
Google+ Local listing is your first priority. Take the time and trouble to get it right, because it will set the standard for all of your other directory listings online.

Once you're satisfied with your Google+ Local listing, make a copy of all the fields and the exact text they contain.

As you set up your listings with other online directories, be absolutely certain that you make each one consistent with your Google+ Local listing.

The reason is simple: Google will ignore or discount your listings that are not consistent with your Google+ Local listing.

msrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2017, 05:48 AM   #56
career2nextorbi

Yeah, it's a digital era so you need to get some digital knowledge of the market and you should take some classes for the SEO information!!

career2nextorbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 06:15 PM   #57
Brooke.Harper

The comments on the OP's inquiries are all awesome! What's great about it is these tips and pieces of advice are handed out for free. But the BIG question is "Has the OP applied any o these tips to market his products or services?"

Old 29th May 2017, 01:05 AM   #58
chrismarklee

I use my Facebook Business page to share posts to local groups. The post I shared today was JFK's 100th birthday. My friends are an older crowd that I went to High School. I ,also, share cute pictures of animals and funny pictures. I keep it non-business. All of my posts have my Facebook Business page on them.

Old 12th June 2017, 09:45 AM   #59
Fritz Razul

Default I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbetcha1018 View Post
Agreed. If you have enough budget to hire an SEO do so. These people are experts and will help you.

I agree with this tip. Others are right too, but it would be best to invest in SEO for this.

Fritz Razul is offline   Reply With Quote