Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd June 2010, 11:53 AM   #21
localconnex

Check this article out for some great tips on maximizing local search marketing..

http://www.emarketingandcommerce.com...st-practices/1

localconnex is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:33 PM   #22
Skyline

There are several sources you can read throughout the internet on how to do seo for your company. In reality it will probably be more cost efficient to hire an seo firm to do the work for you, leaving you to focus on running the day to day operations...

Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 03:53 AM   #23
Dorian D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H. View Post
I have a small electrical co. which has changed its area of work and I am trying market more low voltage security systems. I am in the process of having a website developed and was looking for opinions on the best way to go about the seo and how important Goolge/Yahoo local would be as far as leads. I wanted to market my business in a 25 mile radius area of my residence.
It is especially important to get your business advertised on the web these days. Consumers are in the habit recently of searching out businesses through search engines. They are less inclined to browse through newspaper ads or yellow pages.

Dorian D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2010, 12:39 PM   #24
lyrafire

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Morson View Post
I suggest that if you have local business then there is not much need to waste your time on marketing your business online cuz Marketing online of such an local business is in vain and if you still wanna do then try it on local websites.
I have to respectfully disagree. A local business should ideally appear in the top three of the search engine results when someone types in a long-tail search, such as "electrician, Ashtabula Ohio, install chandelier". This is a huge advantage. I dare say that many people don't bother with hard copies of the Yellow Pages anymore. Add helpful content articles to your site. They should contain long-tail keyword phrases, and learn SEO or hire someone to do it for you.

To support my case, watch for AT&T Yellow Pages site to soon come out with content articles. I wrote some of them, so I know they're attacking the problem of attracting traffic by appealing to long-tail searches with content articles.

Last edited by lyrafire; 27th July 2010 at 01:46 PM.
lyrafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2010, 11:59 PM   #25
Stpaul70

Hello,
Getting your site into Google Local and Yahoo Local is free and has nothing to do with SEO in the traditional way - if there is such a thing as traditional way online.It is very helpful for each &every people who are in the local marketing

Stpaul70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:51 PM   #26
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Default Local Business SEO is all about long-tail keyword results

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrafire View Post
A local business should ideally appear in the top three of the search engine results when someone types in a long-tail search, such as "electrician, Ashtabula Ohio, install chandelier". This is a huge advantage.
This is such a boon in the cross over between the demise of yellow pages and the rise of search engines.

Having a long tail keyword result is personal for the customer who types it in and is more likely to lead to a sale.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:38 PM   #27
ORCIUS

hi there, as i see, other posters had gave you good suggestions, and as the las one says, long keywords lead to sales, but you need to know what your customers wants in order to use the specific keywords they use, and after getting your customers into your web, you need to have an specific page for you to convince your customers of why it's better to buy from you, or which are the benefits of your service or product.
And in that way you'll be encouraging the customers to buy from you, and creating more oportunities for your business.

ORCIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2010, 02:34 AM   #28
Dorian D

Internet is the best place to advertise and to get maximum gain for your business. Choosing the right online Internet advertising is a common sense. A right choice is nothing but the one that has worked for businesses similar to yours. Internet Advertising helps you to display your products to millions of buyers at once and also it is one of the cheapest ways of advertising to reach to customers.

Dorian D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 11:36 AM   #29
lyrafire

I just added my freelancing business, but using four keywords and three search engines, I had to enter it twelve times. Unfortunately there are only ten spaces. I would also like to add it for three other nearby cities. Do you know if that's possible?

lyrafire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2010, 03:05 PM   #30
davidmchris

Default Use national business directories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H. View Post
I wanted to market my business in a 25 mile radius area of my residence.
Take ownership of your listing in national business directories like wimgo and yelp.

Yelp is great for looking at user reviews because it has a very active community whilst Wimgo allows you to link from your claimed business listing to your business website, facebook page and twitter feed which is nice. It sends traffic and is good for SEO.

Facebook is increasingly important because they have opened up their API which means that sites like Wimgo now tell users who are logged in what local businesses their friends have liked on Facebook. Powerful stuff.

If you don't have a FB page yet, get one because that's going to be huge.

davidmchris is offline   Reply With Quote