Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st February 2010, 09:12 PM   #11
McManigal

Getting local map optimization is far superior to normal seo. It's a lot easier to get listed in the map section fast, and it's displayed above the normal seo section now.

Check my sig for more details.

McManigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 15th February 2010, 08:24 AM   #12
ElspetKanti

Do pay per click. Sign up with Google Adwords, Yahoo Overture, and other pay per click engines where your text ad will be seen in their search engines for the keywords you choose. They also offer contextual advertising for their third party publisher websites

ElspetKanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 06:00 AM   #13
David Morson

I suggest that if you have local business then there is not much need to waste your time on marketing your business online cuz Marketing online of such an local business is in vain and if you still wanna do then try it on local websites.

David Morson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2010, 09:26 PM   #14
YellowGorilla

Maps, Maps, Maps. I would definitely focus on getting your business listed on the local maps. You don't even need a website for this, but it's highly recommended. I think craigslist was also metioned, do it, at least weekly.

YellowGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 01:05 AM   #15
David Espino

I agree that listing your business in Google Maps and Yahoo Local should be one of the very first, high-priority steps that any local business should take.

Then, depending on the business budget and revenue-per-client, a Google AdWords local-targeted campaign may make sense.

There are all kinds of other ways, such as creating short video commercials that are specifically tagged to keywords you are targeting. (since competition is often low for this, your video can rank on page one for your chosen keyword)

Even Facebook Ads have some powerful geo-targeting and demographics targeting that allow you to build a local "fan" following on FB!

In fact, another great thing to do is to set up a Facebook page for your business (it's free) and then drive your locally-targeted ads to that page - where you can offer coupons or other incentives to drive people to your local business.

I have to respectfully disagree with the gentleman who says that internet marketing for a local business is not effective.

Just like a lot of things in life, it's not necessarily that something doesn't work, it's often about knowing how to do it.

Dave

David Espino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2010, 08:02 PM   #16
onlinehandyman

Depending on your niche of which I am not familiar, the general public is just beginning to find the internet to make purchases. They have been using it for research, but not as much for opening their wallets as compared to offline methods.

Although SEO is important, make sure that whatever you do, that your stuff is education based. What I mean by this is explain what to look for when purchasing your products and what one needs to know when purchasing your products, this will set you apart from others.

When it comes to SEO, it's important to make sure that it works for you geographically. Use keywords that describe location as well as your products. Good Luck!

Last edited by onlinehandyman; 12th March 2010 at 12:05 PM.
onlinehandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2010, 09:01 PM   #17
aduttonater

Use Craigslist and start generating some leads through that to your phone number. Or if your trying to dominate a specific area you can hand out flyers in the communities that you want to work in. If you get a call that is away from that community and takes you into a new community then you can hand out flyers in that new community before, during, or after your work.

aduttonater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2010, 06:11 PM   #18
Mark1234

use keywords or phrases your clients would use.and get your business listed in Google Maps. and create groups on social sites and promote the product among friends and their friends..make an email account specifically for this and send regular emails and promote and update the people. and there are free advertising forums and stuff..try them as well..

Mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2010, 02:35 AM   #19
saramedows

I suggest a good and reliable guy hire for link building of your website on targeted areas and niches, soon you will get the result

saramedows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 09:03 AM   #20
MIMarketingLab

I would highly recommend getting listed in Google Maps. It's listed above the normal organic search results.

Google has made this process very simple and you don't even need a website! (but it is recommended)

If you get stuck with any part of the process, chances are someone else has had the same problem as you. I've found that YouTube is a great resource when I'm "stuck". Just go to YouTube and search for what you're trying to do...chances are someone has done a video on the topic.

Hope that helps.

Mike

MIMarketingLab is offline   Reply With Quote