Its a slow day (all sports fans must be traveling), so I thought I'd write a bit to pass the time and pass information to the new small business on-line owners out there.
* Persistance will pay off - Don't give up and if your passionate about your venture improve what you already have. My website and logo have transformed over the last six months (mostly due to things I have learned and comments from people in this forum). My logo and webpage has a more profesional and content latent look. Alot of tweaking.
* Plant the seeds now for growth later. Ok, I am one that expects immediate results. Thats a bad thing (I think). Your online venture will not have a mass rush once your open for business. But things you do today, will generate traffic in the future (sometimes weeks later, but it does pay off). Pay per Click, Toll Free Number, Affiliate Marketing, Discount Coupons in every shipment, eMail Marketing, Radio Advertising, Press Releases. Each will plant a seed for growth tommorow.
* Step Back and Review. I get way to close to the trees to see the big forest. I will never have enough activity in my site, but when I was complaining today things are slow, I looked at my quarterly data...I have increased sales for the last three quarters by 100 % each quarter...Wow. What's your growth...what can you do to improve for the long term.
* Watch your competition and do it better. Differentiate yourself from your competition and PROMOTE that!!! Your customers will then expect you to follow through on your promise...do that and you will be a winner.
* Ask for comments...I have learned alot by asking the question (what can I do better, different). So I am asking you, please look at my site (www.johnnylew.com
) What can I do better? What do you like/dislike about it? Have you learned anything that you would implement yourself?