Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > Questions About the Forum
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th July 2010, 06:00 AM   #11
seongpinas316

thanks for giving us the option to post articles in this forum

seongpinas316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 31st January 2012, 12:01 PM   #12
CodyLoco

Hi Logan, thanks for directing me to this site.

I just wanted to point out that your submission form (the wp-login page) has an error:

Quote:
The default yget template does not exist anymore. Please fix this so you can fix other problems!
So I can't access the page. Will post up my article soon :P

CodyLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 02:08 PM   #13
alifeoffreedom

Default Can you still post articles in the forum

Hi Logan,

Can you please confirm if members are allowed to post articles in the forum still as this thread was started a long time ago.

I would prefer to get clarification instead of potentially breaking any rules.

Many thanks

Joe

alifeoffreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2013, 04:49 PM   #14
Logan
Administrator

Hi Joe, welcome aboard

Yes, you can see an example of one that was posted today here -
http://www.smallbusinessbrief.com/fo...ad.php?t=56486

Keep in mind if a member posts articles that don't receive interest from others they may be removed.

Old 24th March 2014, 08:37 AM   #15
gmrwebteam

Great Idea for article posting! These ideas are really helpful to promote the website through more conversations. Thank you so much for wonderful ideas.

gmrwebteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2014, 02:12 AM   #16
AvniShergill

Thanks for letting us know about the guidelines which need to be followed before posting an article.

AvniShergill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 07:15 AM   #17
blogger1

Talking

i feel it is a excellent idea.It is beneficial to genuine members as it will help them to learn more things.I feel the articles posted by members should be selected by moderator.All members will learn new things from this.Every member should be allowed to post articles.

blogger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 05:48 PM   #18
Spider
VIP Contributor

There certainly is general agreement in this thread that posting articles is useful. Personally, I am not interested in coming here to go somewhere else to read an article. I come to SBIF to meet, talk, discuss, ask questions and offer suggestions.

I can see the usefulness of posting an article as an adjunct to an SBIF discussion -- "this is what I think about subject, this is what others have told me about the subject, what do you think? - Here is an article that goes into the subject more deeply."

This way, one can join the conversation without reading the article.

I don't think it is beneficial to the forum to have posts such as -- "here is my latest blog post about 5 things you can do to boost business in the winter - what do you think?" One cannot comment without reading the article and thus members who do not wish to click away to read an article are excluded from commenting.

Too much of that and new members may not stay.

Furthermore, the article may have a lively discussion going on the other site, and taking SBIF members away to read and possibly comment there, is reducing the conversation here.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2015, 06:04 PM   #19
Logan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
There certainly is general agreement in this thread that posting articles is useful.
Could be those reading the thread are the one's interested in it.

Quote:
I can see the usefulness of posting an article as an adjunct to an SBIF discussion -- "this is what I think about subject, this is what others have told me about the subject, what do you think? - Here is an article that goes into the subject more deeply."
I agree, and think it is a point of confusion when it comes to the general user. Most consider linking spam. Linking is spam when it is self promotion to your own business. I'd like to see others link to other articles, and even forums to enrich the conversation and value of knowledge shared. Most members assume links are a nono. They are not, unless are just to your own site. More linking to other resources and forums would be good.

In the end, we've always wanted to be friendly neighbors to other resources on the Internet ... and linking to them and referencing good information is one way to do that.

Quote:
I don't think it is beneficial to the forum to have posts such as -- "here is my latest blog post about 5 things you can do to boost business in the winter - what do you think?" One cannot comment without reading the article and thus members who do not wish to click away to read an article are excluded from commenting.
I agree, but we don't want the article copied here for duplicate content reasons. And it is a friendly way to add a different type of thread here.

Quote:
Too much of that and new members may not stay.

Furthermore, the article may have a lively discussion going on the other site, and taking SBIF members away to read and possibly comment there, is reducing the conversation here.
I understand how it could be an issue, but just don't see it as being the case over the years. First, most others don't have any more activity than we do here. If someone were to find a great resource that they participated in via us, I'm all for it.

I'll back up, originally the idea was that I would pull article thread that did not generate further conversation/posts. you know, duds. one post w article and nothing else follows. I did that for awhile, but never held that ground really. Those that post articles regularly are doing so regularly. Usually that is the case. Some stay longer and continue to do longer than others. But in the end I believe they compliment this site as their own focus is all the same as ours ~ similar audiences.

And imo (shh. don't tell too many others) but it is a way for others to self promote while providing some value to the community. Just one way self promotion is allowed and managed here with businesses (which by nature are inherently interested in doing so).

Old 20th March 2015, 10:50 AM   #20
Spider
VIP Contributor

Good explanation, Logan - thanks for taking the time.

Different view to mine on a couple of things, and now I know 'the boss's view' I can change to suit.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote