Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th February 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
tntmartin

Question What Are The Best Ways To Generate Traffic?

Hello,

My husband and I have just started our website and need ways to get it out on the net. What are some of the better ways to advertise? What are pay per clicks and who are the better ones? What about search engines are they the same as pay per click advertisers? How do I go about getting traffic to our site? I know that marketing is most important, but am not sure where to start. There are so many advertisers and information that I do not know which way to go. Help! Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please feel free to visit our site and offer feedback it would be appreciated. We had it professionally designed. We just need the traffic.

I am also thinking about starting a blog, but once again do not have a clue on how to proceed with it. Is it a good idea to help generate traffic? It sounds like it would be by the info I have gleaned from the forum. Any and all advice regarding this would also be apreciated.

sos from the marketing black hole!!

tntmartin

tntmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 5th February 2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Dale King
VIP Contributor

I use article marketing exclusively to market my business. Writing articles is quickly becoming the most popular way to drive targeted traffic to your website.

The reason I like article marketing so much is because it's
free, and also because articles are viral. If you write articles
and allow them to be freely published, your articles become
viral, meaning your articles can actually spread like a virus
and have the potential to be viewed by millions (yes millions)
of Internet users.

And because search engines love articles you can expect to get
linked to by many high-profile websites, thereby increasing your
PR (Page Rank) and traffic as well.

There's also another important by-product of article marketing:
Credibility.

Other than testimonials from well known expert marketers,
writing articles is the quickest way to establish credibility
online.

If you write good, quality content, not only will your articles
get published regularly, but they will also brand you as an
expert in your field, which will instantly enhance your
reputation and bottom line tremendously.

Dale King

Dale King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 08:23 AM   #3
mktgbiz

tntmartin

If you're looking for inexspensive ways, then you need to pull out the bottle of elbow grease.

There are topis on these subjects all over this site, but here are some free ways to go about marketing your site:

Article Submission (like Dale says)
Press Release
check out freelinks.com (it's on this site somewhere)
Posting on forums with actual helpful content
set up an ebay account (create an About ME page)
Give away free ebooks (embedded with your site in it)

There's a short list that I could think of in 30 seconds......

Hope it helps>

_

www.holidaycardwebiste.com/getmorebiznow
mktgbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 09:23 AM   #4
fweikeong

Apart from the recommendations above, which I am sure will drive in good viral traffic to your site, here are some general info on popular ways of getting quick traffic to your new site :-

Pay Per Click
--------------
There are two major network that works well generally, google's adwords and Yahoo's Search Marketing

searchmarketing. yahoo .com
adwords. google .com

Your advertisement will be shown on the search results of the selected key phrases. For example, you have chosen 'Ceramic football helmet' as the search key phrase to display your advertisement, when someone enter this key phrase in google/yahoo, your advertisement will be displayed along side with the search results, and you will only be charged when the person click on your advertisement to visit your site. Apart from the search results, your advertisement can also be shown on the publisher network sites that participate in the advertising network (google/yahoo offer commission to the publisher to display the advertisement in their web pages). So you will get almost instant targeted traffic to your new site. If you use it wisely, you can get decent revenue generated from this advertising channel.

Pay Per Sale
-------------
Pay per sale is more or less similar to the pay per click advertising, the difference is that you will be paying each click to the referral in pay per click advertising, no matter the referred traffic generate sales for you or not. Pay per sale is slightly different, you will only pay when the traffic converts to sale, the payout is generally higher than pay per click but you will save quite a bit on it. However, you will need to do some marketing work to promote yourself, as this method is not available in the search engines (yahoo/google), but available in most advertising network. Below is a small but rather unique advertising network that is used by small merchants/retailers, you can explore and see if it fits you.

shareasale .com

Ebay store/ Yahoo Store
-------------------------
Other that above, since most of your product are pretty unique (i.e. not easily found on ebay/yahoo shopping), you can also try setup a store in ebay and yahoo, there are many people searching stuff to buy on these places and setting a store within them can get your product listed in the shopping search results, and if your product is good/unique (not too many competitors selling the same stuff, which generally only get everybody into a price war), you should be able to do well

P/S: sorry for the broken urls, I haven't yet got enough post count to include links in post.

Hope this helps.

fweikeong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 09:39 AM   #5
east2west
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to east2west

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale King View Post
I use article marketing exclusively to market my business. Writing articles is quickly becoming the most popular way to drive targeted traffic to your website.

Dale King
Forgive me, but what is article marketing????

http://www.azattacks.com
east2west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 07:56 AM   #6
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Article marketing is exactly what the name implies...marketing your business with articles.

Simply write quality articles and allow them to be freely published on popular, high-traffic websites like this one.

At the end of each article, write a compelling 3 or 4 line resource box, which is basically a small advertisement about your business..much like the sig files on forum posts.

Dale King

Last edited by Dale King; 7th February 2007 at 08:01 AM.
Dale King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2007, 03:00 PM   #7
tntmartin

Hi Dale,
Thanks for the advice. That is something I have never thought about before. Is it hard to get your article onto these websites? Is there a site I can go to that has articles so that I can get a feel for content and layout?

tntmartin

Old 7th February 2007, 03:03 PM   #8
tntmartin

Thanks Foong,

Your information will be very helpful. I will look into all of the things you suggested.

tntmartin

Old 7th February 2007, 03:07 PM   #9
tntmartin

mktgbiz

Thank you for the useful info. You mentioned ebay. I have in the past sold on ebay and still have an account, but am unfamiliar with the Me Page (mind was in space?!). I am going to check into it. Do you know much about it?

tntmartin

Old 7th February 2007, 03:13 PM   #10
zoobie
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to zoobie
Smile

Article submission is not hard to do. It will be easier and faster if you have a software for article submission. All you need to do is fill up the forms an your speeding.

I've used Article Announcer before and I may say the software is easy to use. It made my work faster.