Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Generating Revenue, Insurance, Taxes, Etc. > Ecommerce
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th June 2012, 07:04 AM   #1
jackmartin

Send a message via Skype™ to jackmartin
Exclamation How To Get More Customers Via Live Chat!

Live Chat is the most demanded customer services channel. Other than customer trust, customer retention, additional advantages of live chat include real time and one-on-one interaction of the buyer with the seller, which in the past used to be the main purpose of approaching customers via phone calls. Live Customer Service Chat has a great margin to reach all kinds of Customers on a wide range as compared to an approach achieved by phones or emails. Realizing the potential that live chat has in gaining more consumers, American Airlines FCU and the Wall Street Journal have added the feature of live chat.

1. Greater Geographical Coverage
Being an online platform, a great number of customers can be reached using live chat service. A customer sitting in Holland can buy a product on sale on a UK based website with effective buying solutions provided by a sales assistants sitting in India. An increase in sales is first advantage of live chat undoubtedly, but here the second advantage is that geographically distributed workforce can be trained skillfully to talk to and provide solutions to the consumers online through live chat.

2. An Added Star For The ‘Banks’
Financial institutions need additional marketing in order to approach more consumers. Banks have invested millions on online platforms and still, more advertisement is needed to increase adoption of online live chat. ‘Personal humanized touch’ in the case of financial institutions is much needed and live chat can help banks and financial institutions in regaining this personal touch. Injecting the required human element may just be the edge needed by the banks. Citibank reported that more than 90% of live chat consumers end up filling home-equity applications.

3. Completed Applications And Newer Relationships
Live chat results in the conversion of shopping prospects and existing consumers. Newer relationships are built between the consumers and buyers. Other than making decisions on certain products; loan investment, and deposit products are some of the main areas where customers need assistance and this assistance can be effectively provided with the help of live chat.

4. Creation Of Trust With The Consumers

When using the tool of live chat, sellers should make sure that trust is built with the consumers. Fast and effective solutions are provided to the consumers by online sales assistants so satisfied customers keep coming back. The consumers are made aware of the fact that the seller is not only targeting the sale, but through sales assistants, seller is helping in making the purchase decision.

5. Convenience Of The Consumer
Live chat is a click away. No need to rush here and there for expert opinion. Instead of going to an expert sitting two blocks away, the customer simply needs to log in to the website, choose the products needed and can talk to online sales assistant providing effective buying solutions. When the consumer knows that best sales assistants are always online for help, providing the best purchase solutions, there is no doubt that the consumer will come back.

jackmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:59 PM   #2
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

You know, I have to say, I prefer live chat over phone customer service.

I recently had Internet issues and sitting on hold is highly stressful. I used live chat that allowed me to continue to work while the person helped me. (I kept their window open in the corner of my screen.) It still took 1.5 hours to get a fix, but it was better than phone support for me.

I would think smaller businesses would have a problem with Live Chat, though. Meaning having the manpower. Perhaps not?

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Punit

Live chat is very effective options, but 1 dedicated person needs to be online whole day. you cant miss out single ping!

Punit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:13 AM   #4
ChrisLeads

yeah, I am also preffered in live chat over phone!

ChrisLeads is offline   Reply With Quote