Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Ideas Forum Info > New Member Introductions
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th February 2008, 10:08 PM   #1
danhar64

Default Soon To Retire

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to put myself in a position to retire in a few years. I'm currently in the U.S. Coast Guard and have had my hand in various business ventures over the years (10 Minute Oil Change, various MLM's, lawn care and maintenance) but nothing really got me motivated. My wife and I are trying a few new things now (we have a businesses in the Philippines: our family makes hand made resin religious statues). We're also trying our hand once again in MLM, but we're just getting started with that and maybe a few other things too. We both try to take care of ourselves by going to the gym, taking vitamins, etc, so we tried finding something we could not only use, but maybe make a buck or two along the way. Anyway, I think we found one, but we're still pretty new at it. Any advise, well, it would certainly be welcome.

danhar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st March 2008, 08:10 AM   #2
IworkFromHOME

Hi Dan!

Welcome aboard. Good for you. Internet biz is a very good source of income if you do it the right way and not get distracted too much. So just take it slow and always keep learning. all the best to you.

IworkFromHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2008, 03:47 PM   #3
vacationofwealt

Welcome aboard. I have been in this industry for five years now. The beginning was rocky and had a learning curve to it. But now I enjoy doing very very well in the direct sales home based industr and mentoring others. Having major success to me comes down to three things. First you need a stand alone product. A product that will sell without the business attached to it. So much garbage is in this marketplace with products that are bogus and valueless just there to create income to allow you to recruit.

Secondly you need a system in place that will leverage some of your time. Either it must cover the marketing, prospecting, or closing aspect of your direct sales business. Sure we would love a system to do all of it but that is impossible. If it can do one then you can spend your time on the other two.

Lastly you need a compensation plan that is lucrative and worth trading your time for dollars ( which is what a job is) I belive in selling big ticket items with a big ROI. I think it is just as easy to sell a 3000 dollar product as it is a 300 dollar product as long as you present it properly. That is why a ferrari salesman who sells 2 cars a month makes a lot more than a toyota salesman who sells 20 cars a month. Good Luck to you!

vacationofwealt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 04:10 AM   #4
onthedottyping

Send a message via AIM to onthedottyping Send a message via MSN to onthedottyping Send a message via Yahoo to onthedottyping

Hi Dan

Welcome to the forum - lovely to meet you

Samantha

onthedottyping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 05:51 PM   #5
FHI Windows

Find a product that people want/need.

Make sure the market is not flooded with other people selling it.

If enough people buy your product the market will soon be flooded with similar products so keep a list of other products that you can roll out.

In my area of the country you have to wait 2-4 weeks to get any work done on your boat. Another one is nobody offers boat detailing service. <--my two free ideas.

FHI Windows is offline   Reply With Quote