Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st December 2015, 01:15 AM   #1
wsp0001

Default Software Idea For Freight Companies

Apologies if this question is in the wrong place. I have worked in the transportation industry for several years now and see a great need for software that aides in loading practices during operations. I have spoken with co-workers about the idea and everyone agrees that it would be a tremendous asset. My question here would be who could I talk to about it? In person or online. If the idea is "stolen" after talking about it then so be it, I would just like to speak with someone about it on where to go with my idea and if it even sounds possible. I appreciate any advice on this or any help on where else to ask this question.

wsp0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:57 AM   #2
DeniseTaylor
VIP Contributor

You would need to hire a programmer if you wish to pursue developing this software idea. There are several freelance sites like Odesk and Elance. I would use a Non-Compete or Non-Disclosure agreement before discussing with anybody if you care if your idea is "borrowed".

To find out if something already exists, just google different phrases describing your idea. If you know a precise technical term, you should use that. There may be more precise ways of finding out, but that's a start and it doesn't cost anything.

Good luck!

DeniseTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2015, 03:41 AM   #3
jagathks

Actually there are many existing software to handle freight system but all these are proprietary one or build only for particular organization.
I work for international shipping company and we use a custom built software to handle our frieght system. Abd it us maintained and updated by worlds leading IT company.

If you plan to be big the discuss with most trusted and huge one in the industry!

jagathks is offline   Reply With Quote