Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Security
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th July 2008, 07:25 AM   #1
michael123

Default Looking For Anti Virus

Hi,

I have 20 computers network right now i am facing virus problem our network can you give me any idea which is the best anti virus...

michael123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 13th July 2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Lanarkshire IT

Send a message via MSN to Lanarkshire IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael123 View Post
Hi,

I have 20 computers network right now i am facing virus problem our network can you give me any idea which is the best anti virus...
hi there

do you have a server on this network? if you do then you will want to manage your AV solution from a central point ie the server. this will save relying on users to complete av updates / scans etc

you could try:

McAfee Enterprise (what we use now)
Kapersky

Lanarkshire IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2008, 05:17 AM   #3
uyytuyt

You can get some popular free anti virus softwares at www.download.com, there are some famous softwares on the index page.

uyytuyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2008, 04:09 PM   #4
Loganet

We've used Symantec at our corporate office with great success. Over 300 users and no major infections for over five years. But it is very expensive for smaller offices.

An experienced computer consultant that I work with highly recommends Trend Micro. I priced it out and it costs about $300 for 20 users. CDW, our major distributor also recommends it. And, I notice that Microsoft uses Trend Micro as their anti-virus engine on Hotmail. Hope this helps!

BTW - does anyone else feel weird answering a question that almost three months old? Just checking . . .

Loganet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2008, 08:20 AM   #5
ktaylor310
VIP Contributor

I bought a lap top about two years ago that came with Vista preinstalled What a nightmare! It came w/McAfee which, at the time at least, was incompatible with Vista (along with almost everything else). Problem, after problem. I had McAfee on my PC for years and already knew it was useless trying to solve issues through their tech support. Their standard answer for everything is "you need to reinstall your windows" - as though that were a simple thing. At one point my PC monitor started randomnly blacking out. I tried everything to pinpoint/fix the problem and finally had to call a computer technician. Turns out the culprit was McAfee. The software was having problems with the newest Windows update that was automatically installed on my computer. The tech said they had had several customers w/the same problem. Their company had contacted McAfee and they verified the issue but said they did not have a work around. Period. I uninstalled McAfee and the problem went away.

I spent a couple of days researching different anti virus software and in the end chose AVG. I have been using it for two years now and have never had a single problem. I only pay $49 per year for three computers and their tech support is very attentive. The reason I decided upon them was their reputation for using less resources and being less intrusive on other software. My husband's employer uses Norton. He was having so many software conflict issues that he finally uninstalled Norton and purchased AVG for his laptop. He has been very happy with it as well. I am not on a network though, so you would have to check that out.

Old 10th October 2008, 11:24 AM   #6
youbetcha1018

I tried Norton, NOD32 and McAfee, but problems I had with virus didn't go away. I use AVG since 2006, and until now it has never fail me. AVG can be reliable at all times and I am happy with its service.

youbetcha1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2008, 01:36 PM   #7
TryUsOut

I'm using AVG and ZoneAlarm - perfect combination for me

TryUsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:23 AM   #8
acwebguru
VIP Contributor

I am using kaspersky for my all PCs and really it works too good.It is very strong for trozen,win 32 viruses.If anyone has more knowledge for better anti virus then please suggest me.

acwebguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 03:51 PM   #9
spencer

Norton, AVG, CA Antivirus, to name a few...

spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 06:15 AM   #10
Elizabeth01

I use Kaspersky Anti Virus 2009, it is a leading anti-virus software and Internet Security software solution for your home computer or business.
Why do not you try it!!!!!!

Elizabeth01 is offline   Reply With Quote