I have read in an article the steps involved in social media marketing.
1. Build a marketing strategy that includes email, rather than one that focuses solely on social media.
2. Include a social call to action in your emails. This allows customers to share the information they received over social channels, increasing the spread of your message.
3. Build campaigns rather than just emails and posts. It's imperative to tie everything together. For example, a Facebook post should support an email campaign and vice versa.
4. Connect your social sites to email so that it's easier for your customers and prospects to connect with your company in the way they prefer.
5. Focus your message and don't overload the customers. If you have more to say, save it for later.
6. Be mobile friendly and make sure that any information you send to customers can be easily read over a mobile device, allowing them to access information anywhere and anytime.
7. Make sure that tactics are valuable and sustainable--just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
8. Find out what your audience wants and responds to and give them that content and experience, thus remaining relevant to them.
9. Create a great customer experience--if you're creating a good experience, social media will reward you, but if you're creating a bad one, it will kill you.
10. Rinse and repeat--keep doing what you're doing well.