Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st February 2012, 09:38 AM   #1
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Default What Type Of Business Is "right" For You?

Is there such a thing as “right” business for you? It is a fact that not everyone is suitable to become a small business owner. There are signs that tell you whether you will succeed in owning a small business. But once you know that you have what it takes to be a small business owner, can you take it one step further and figure out which type of business will be a good fit? I think the answer is YES.

Some people would argue that all businesses will make money as long as you work hard. No doubt, this is true. It necessary but not sufficient condition for owning a business. There is more to running a small business than just working hard and making money. First and foremost, you have to enjoy what you are doing especially when you spend 10-15 hours a day for 7 seven days a week. If you are not having fun and do not enjoy what you are doing, you will run out of gas sooner or later and will end up hurting your business. On the flip side, when you are passionate about your business you will want to give it everything you have and make it a success. At the end of the day, passion will always win over simple love of money.

So, how do you go about finding the type of business is right for you?

Read more - http://www.angelbusinessadvisors.com...80%9D-for-you/

AngelBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th February 2012, 02:53 PM   #2
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaAutumn View Post
I can say that passion is another key in order to succeed. Yes, you can manage a business that you do not necessarily like but it is much better if you like and enjoy what you do.
Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Old 8th February 2012, 01:51 AM   #3
melissacatwalk

That's why when you choose what to work with why not to follow your heart and do what you really like and I think it will work for sure.

Old 22nd February 2012, 03:58 AM   #4
bryansmith1129

I don't agree with you that anybody can't be a small business owner. and could you please elaborate on what are the signs that tell that we can be a small business owner or not. It's not about the signs, its about believing in yourself.

bryansmith1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:20 PM   #5
AngelBiz
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansmith1129 View Post
I don't agree with you that anybody can't be a small business owner. and could you please elaborate on what are the signs that tell that we can be a small business owner or not. It's not about the signs, its about believing in yourself.
Bryan - I do agree with you that you have to believe in yourself before you can be a small business owner. However, this is not sufficient. Different people have different skills - not everyone can be Tiger Woods in golf no matter how much he believes in himself. Certain abilities are natural because we are born and raised with certain characteristics. You cannot change them after a point.

I had written couple of posts in signs that tell if you will succeed or fail as small business owners. You can find them here:

http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...usiness-owner/

http://www.smallbizviewpoints.com/20...usiness-owner/

Old 22nd February 2012, 11:50 PM   #6
topfilings

I agree with AngelBiz that not everyone is cutout for business. Some people are better (and happier) as "worker bees" -- working for someone else and being an active member of a team. Other people are leaders -- who enjoy putting the team in place and organizing the game plan. This isn't taking anything away from people who aren't leaders, it's just an acknowlegement that everybody has a role to play and different skills to bring to the table.

Although it's definitely possible for anyone to run a small business, it takes the right mindset, characteristics, knowledge and skills to be successful.

And as mentioned at the beginning, having a passion for what you do will also play a big role in the long-term success of a business...

topfilings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:32 AM   #7
ringahding

I believe everyone has a certain niche in them. But, I also believe that everyone on this earth could have the exact same passion for the exact same niche, yet all would run that business their way.

Not everyone is cut-out for responsibility, accountability, honesty, customer service, promptness or leadership.

Hence those who should make the leap to be business owners have not, because the fear of the unknown or their finances will not allow it.

ringahding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2012, 02:56 PM   #8
damasco9

Smile

If the research and documentation for a small business is well made then you don't have to like it to be able to do it..how many things in live we don't like but we do them good?

damasco9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2012, 09:01 AM   #9
KateStevensB

Not all people who do business love what they do but of course, loving what you do can give you more added benefits.

KateStevensB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2012, 03:40 AM   #10
printnstyle

I really feel that loving what you do should be a perquisite for starting a business. When there is no love behind it there tends to be a lack of motivation. When there’s a lack of motivation then the business starts to go downhill. Hard work is important and it works when you’re working as a team, but when you’re running a one-man show it should be in something you love.

printnstyle is offline   Reply With Quote