Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Newsletters and Email Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17th September 2012, 06:40 AM   #101
jasminelane

Email marketing is a good option for your business.But you know that everything has advantages as well as disadvantages also.It depends on your business and how you do it

jasminelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 19th September 2012, 05:29 AM   #102
eastvantage

I'm not really in favor of email marketing. It's kind spammy and waste of time for me. I prefer SEM or SMM...

Old 24th September 2012, 04:07 PM   #103
sean.mitton

Email Marketing is good if you do it the right way. If your ips and domains have a good reputation, you'll get a positive result. It will be blocked most of the times, so you better get ready for it.

sean.mitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2012, 06:25 AM   #104
jasminelane

In my opinion Email marketing is a best option for doing business.I think its too effective also.But in the comparison of Online marketing E-marketing has been failed.What you say.

Old 5th November 2012, 10:02 PM   #105
Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Blake View Post
We've been running an online business for several years now and things have got steadily busier through our website. We had never tried email marketing but after building up a substancial email base of customers thought perhaps email marketing could generate some more business. We took along time composing the mail and offered a great discount to any responding customers.

Needless to say we had no direct sales from the marketing campaign marketing and feel like we wasted a lot of time in preparing it. Using mail chimp we can see the email was opened by over half of the recipients and links were often clicked.

So where did it all go wrong? All recipients were previous customers so obviously had some interest in our products...

If it not more useful to concentrate on getting sales when your customer searches for you? Not the other way around.
The mistake is to always expect direct sales from email marketing. Email marketing is most effective for warming up prospects over time and keep your name in their minds. Offering discounts, especially in emails, doesn't always work. It may work for bigger companies with a diverse product range so they can afford to throw out a loss leader to draw in a crowd. But if you only have a couple products, it's better to differentiate yourself and sell on a quality, thus price premium. So with your email marketing, you should be "dripping" qualify freebies like related articles, so when the reader has a need one day that you fill, they'll come to you.

Sapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 11:36 PM   #106
digitcamera

I think that email marketing can go either way. If you have a good mailing list, and are sending out quality emails that are designed to appeal to your target market then I think it can work out well.

But if you just purchase a large list of random email addresses and don't bother with putting together a quality email that will appeal to people, then a lot of people won't even bother to open the email because they will just assume it's spam, delete it and move on.

So I think it varies from business to business and what strategies they choose to employ.

digitcamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 11:52 PM   #107
abneradam

People who think email marketing is like spam then it totes wrong, email marketing much effective and a easy strategy to establish a great foundation. Its an easy way through which we can promote a product and can also make new customers easily.

abneradam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2012, 05:05 AM   #108
ilovemedia

Email marketing is still being used widely by a lot of companies. But the effectiveness of email marketing rests on how you actually do it. There are certain techniques that you need to implement in your email in order to make it effective. For additional tips, you can go to http://www.sbtelegram.com/2012/10/25...o-do-it-right/. That lists the bad habits of doing email marketing and how you can do it right. I hope that would help.

Old 12th December 2012, 07:43 AM   #109
jasminelane

I think its a fast way of doing marketing.Email marketing is quite lengthy task but still useful.See Everything having pros n cons ,so same with this Email marketing.It depends which type of category you are choosing.

Old 3rd January 2013, 02:07 AM   #110
johnmclaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Moyer View Post
I have a major negative outlook on the concept of email marketing. Obviously, this is a result of many years of getting spammed. Can someone explain to me a little bit about email marketing and how it is NOT negative marketing?

I am not saying it is, I just don't know a whole lot about it.

What companies are out there providing email marketing services?
Email subscription is also known as micro conversion in the conversion funnel. They aid in promoting the traffic to your site.

Thanks

johnmclaren is offline   Reply With Quote