Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Blogs and Blogging
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st July 2009, 01:13 PM   #1
roni

Default What Is Blog

i have heard abt. it but i dont know what exactly it is and how we can do it.??

roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 25th July 2009, 02:04 AM   #2
Wayne Liew

Send a message via Skype™ to Wayne Liew

Are you trying to become a blogger or you are a small business owner looking to incorporate a blog for your business?

You can start doing some Google searches and I'm sure that there are a lot of articles, blog posts, videos and audios out there that help explain what is a blog and how you, as a business owner can use it to your advantage.

Of course, if you have specific questions, you can always private message me the questions.

Old 25th July 2009, 09:10 AM   #3
jeffreyftang

"Blog" is short for "weblog." It's a platform where you can post periodic updates about yourself, your business, or whatever topic you want. You can also distribute your content to subscribers through RSS feeds.

WordPress is an awesome blog platform - and it's free! I suggest you go create a free blog there and just try it out. It'll all make more sense once you have some hands-on experience.

jeffreyftang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 07:45 AM   #4
tazsolutions

Blog.. you an earn an adsense there. blog is about having fun, communicating with a group of people, sharing your thoughts and listening to feedback from the community, and constantly researching information to keep your audience excited..

tazsolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2009, 07:13 AM   #5
MRchamps

A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express yourself to the world. A place to share your thoughts and your passions. The activity of updating a blog is blogging and people who keeps a blog is a blogger.Postings on a blog are almost always arranged in chronological order with the most recent additions featured most prominantly.

Old 30th July 2009, 01:41 PM   #6
roni

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRchamps View Post
A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express yourself to the world. A place to share your thoughts and your passions. The activity of updating a blog is blogging and people who keeps a blog is a blogger.Postings on a blog are almost always arranged in chronological order with the most recent additions featured most prominantly.
that's cool man u started from the basics, what about if i want to create a blog what are the basics steps that i have to follow and plz suggest me some good sites,hope we'll keep in touch !!

roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2009, 01:05 AM   #7
Elizabeth01

A blog is a kind of personal diary. In simple terms, a blog is a web site, where you write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuff shows up at the top, so your visitors can read what's new. Then they comment on it or link to it or email you. And one more simple definition is, it is a read, write, or edit a shared on-line journal.

Elizabeth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 08:53 AM   #8
utubefunny

blog personal stuff that you can post what topic you want to.

utubefunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2009, 10:24 AM   #9
lunartcorp

It is a way to tell the world about something. It is your Journal about personal or business things.

You may try Wordpress.com for a free account or download it from wordpress.org so you can install it under your own domain.

Blogger.com could be another one to start, but I personally do not like when you get avanced. So I would recommend downloading the Wordpress software to your hosting.

Old 18th September 2009, 10:16 PM   #10
SBMarketingGuy

I would also suggest reading Blogging For Dollars for a comprehensive review of blogging. Another great resource is Caroline Middlebrook's ebook on Wordpress.

SBMarketingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote