Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Affiliate Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th August 2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Eila

Default Promoting My Affiliate Product?

Hi: I'm a newbie to affiliate marketing. I have my website and blog set up and have been writing articles. I am wondering if I could add another product to my website rather than building a new one, which took me a long time, and would the product have to be similar in order that my articles would relate to the affiliate product? I hope this doesn't come out too confusing. I guess what I really mean is that I want to try another affiliate product but I really don't want to spend the time creating another website.

Eila is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th August 2009, 05:25 PM   #2
Karri

Search Engine Guide Blogger

Unless the products are very closely related, I would absolutely start a new website, if for no other reason than protecting visitors from confusion and ultimately harming your conversion rates. I'm not a professional aff. marketer by any means but I think the fundamentals of Internet marketing would apply here.

Of course, if your site begins to look less focused or professional (i.e. cluttered or spammy), you'll have trouble attracting and sustaining quality back links from other sites.

Various other issues with mixing the two aff. products but these 2 come to mind right away.

Karri

Karri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Eila

Default Promoting My Affiliate Product?

Thanks Karri for your input. That's what I thought too. It's just common sense. I guess I was hoping there was a way around it. I will have to put some more thought and research into it this time. Thought I'd check your newsletter, for starters.

Eila

Eila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2009, 10:52 PM   #4
debbystewart

I would join an affiliate network like Commission Junction, Linkshare, Google Affiliate Network, and try to find similar products to promote.
You have access to a wide range of merchants in these affiliate networks and they all have a proven tracking system so you won't get robbed of your sales.

debbystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2009, 09:18 PM   #5
SBMarketingGuy

You can easily create a new blog using a host like JustHost or BlueHost which use Fantastico. You only need to press one button and it will install and build a Wordpress blog for you.

Also, I would check out OfferVault.com which allows you to search all of the affiliate networks. Some other really good affiliate networks are:

Clickbank
Hydra Network
Rocket Profit
MaxBounty

These are the ones I personally use when looking for offers. The other one that was already mentioned was Commission Junction.

SBMarketingGuy is offline   Reply With Quote