Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 15th August 2012, 01:56 PM   #21
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

I don't think that LinkedIn can generate big revenue for business or not. But yes for a professional LinkedIn is totally perfect platform to stay connected with corporate.

Old 29th August 2012, 10:43 AM   #22
marketinger

Default LinkedIn Benefits

A lot of great points about the benefits of LinkedIn for small businesses. Another great aspect of the social website is to keep an eye on job openings at similar or competing companies. You can see what type of individuals companies are hiring, their past experience and education level, and how those individuals define the climate of that company. Ideally, you can use LinkedIn to connect professionally, but it can also be used as a great tool to research other companies and their hiring practices.

marketinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Nutty
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to Nutty

Hola

I have networked very well using the likes of Linkedin, make sure your profile is as complete as it can be, use an image (head and shoulders) and make sure your profile is optimised

I have employed a couple of people via Linkedin for articles/ghost writing and it has worked out very well

As for generating sales, however, this has yet to be proven to me, I just ran Linkedin ads and was not very impressed at all, perhaps to build a group the advertising would be good - similar to Facebook but Linkedin ads for direct sales I don't rate just yet, I will stick with Google adwords for that

I certainly wouldn't close my Linkedin account as now and then I rely on it for finding people whom I really need for certain types of work

Nutty

Old 29th August 2012, 04:10 PM   #24
RyanDerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
Hola

As for generating sales, however, this has yet to be proven to me, I just ran Linkedin ads and was not very impressed at all, perhaps to build a group the advertising would be good - similar to Facebook but Linkedin ads for direct sales I don't rate just yet, I will stick with Google adwords for that

Nutty
Completely agree with that sentiment about ads. I also find that LinkedIn ads in general, are more expensive then Google ads. It's partly because of the clientele that LinkedIn brings (B2B), but it's a lot to spend per click, without any guarantee of a close. They do offer $100 coupons quite often, so you should test them out that way, if you're thinking about it.

As for generating sales, you can show your expertise on the site, which could generate some sales. You should also make sure your company page is filled out with all your Products and Services. That way if others dig into you, they quickly see all you offer. Once those are up, start a recommendations program, so you can get customers saying on LinkedIn how great each Product or Service is on that page. It'll add another point of reference where you and your company look fantastic, which can drive sales. But it's not a quick solution, for sure.

Ryan Derousseau

RyanDerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 01:08 PM   #25
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Linkedin is a community of professional. To generate leads from there, you have to be a active user along with a nice skill set. You have to look different from crowd of all skilled professionals,

Old 11th September 2012, 06:46 PM   #26
Summer

WOW! Lots of great info. Time for me to jump on board.

Summer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 12:16 PM   #27
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

For getting business from such profiles, one have to maintain proper profile and have to be a active member. I have a linkedin profile as individual, i am getting some offers, but till now no deal is made. Hope i would have a deal soon.

Old 19th September 2012, 03:07 PM   #28
waynemorrise
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmartin View Post
LinkedIn has it's own importance, LinkedIn is most suitable for B2B Business.
Linked in is best for all type of business and job seekers.