Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > Success Stories and Profiles
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th June 2012, 06:45 AM   #1
BrainCourage

Arrow Inspiring Quotes For Business And Your Life

I would like to share some quotations that help you to find your true path to business and life. Here are them. Please let me know which is your favorite.

* High expectations are the key to everything. - Sam Walton (Founder of Wal Mart)

* Yesterday's home runs don't win today's games. - Babe Ruth (Legendary Home Run hitter and Baseball Hall of Famer)

* Time is like money, the less we have of it to spare the further we make it go. - Josh Billings (Humor writer and lecturer in the United States)

* Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it. - Dwight David Eisenhower (34th President of the United States)

* I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot... when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result. - Michael Jordan (Greatest basketball player of all time)

* People who don't take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. - Peter Drucker (Social ecologist and father of modern management)

* If you do not know how to ask the right question, you discover nothing. - William Edwards Deming (American Business philosopher & consultant)

* If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place. - Nora Roberts (Bestselling Amercian author)

* Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. - Thomas Stearns Eliot (Poet & Nobel Pirze winner)

* People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily. - Zig Ziglar (American author, salesperson, and motivational speaker)

* Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain (American lecturer and writer)

* Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. - Jim Rohn (American entreprenuer, author, and motivational speaker)

* You are surrounded by simple, obvious solutions that can dramatically increase your income, power, influence and success. The problem is, you just don't see them. - Jay Abraham (America's highest paid marketing consultant)

* You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Donít make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people canít take their eyes off you. - Maya Angelou (An American poet, memoirist, and actress)

* Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. - Norman Vincent Peale (A Protestant preacher and author)

* It's fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure. - Bill Gates (Founder of Microsoft)

* Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. - Franklin D. Roosevelt (32nd President of the Uniteded States)

* Itís not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. Itís the customer who pays the wages. - Henry Ford (American lecturer and writer)

* Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver. - Ayn Rand (Russian-born American novelist, philosopher, and screenwriter.)

* It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor. - Seneca the Younger (Advisor to Emperor Nero)

* Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give. - William A. Ward (American author)

* You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; and just so, you learn to love by loving. All those who think to learn in any other way deceive themselves. - Anatole France (French author)

* The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past themÖ into the impossible. - Arthur C. Clarke (A British science fiction author, inventor, and futurist)

* 100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in. - Wayne Gretzky (All time leading NHL goal scorer)

BrainCourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 14th June 2012, 06:08 PM   #2
harryt

Thanks for that

Here two I particularly like. A bit longer.

George Bernard Shaw:
This is the true joy of life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy".

Abraham Lincoln
"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by encouraging class hatred. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money. You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your earn. You cannot build character and courage by taking away initiative and independence. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could do for themselves."

harryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2012, 03:32 PM   #3
EricB
VIP Contributor

Quote:
100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in. - Wayne Gretzky (All time leading NHL goal scorer)
I love this quote! Thanks for the motivation today

EricB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 08:44 AM   #4
hdm
VIP Contributor

I love inspirational quotes, and these are a few of my favourites:

"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is." - H. Jackson Browne

"You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - Christopher Columbus

"Warriors take chances. Like everyone else, they fear failing, but they refuse to let fear control them." - Ancient Samurai saying

My absolute favourite, being in the direct mail business:
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there. - Josh Billings

Old 30th August 2013, 06:44 AM   #5
Karry

Great shared man.. Awesome quotes.

Karry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2015, 05:55 AM   #6
MahaKarthi

Thanks for the good motivational quotes. It really helps to be motivated all the times. I would definitely share this with my friends and will surely help them to stay motivated.

MahaKarthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 07:22 AM   #7
Alex_James

Hey BrainCourage a great list. thanks for that.

here one from my side.

Enthusiasm moves the world. "Arthur Balfour"

Alex_James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 08:17 AM   #8
sophiarivera07

Great quotes!!!. learn lots of in this quotes.
Thanks for sharing nice quotes.

sophiarivera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2015, 12:36 PM   #9
matthew86

Thanks for sharing!
Great words by great men.
And that's my personal favorite one. It motivates me every day.
Quote:
You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky

matthew86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 10:42 AM   #10
Clarity14

Default Mario Andretti quote

I love these - thanks!
Mario Andretti (the motor racing driver) once said "If everything seems under control - then you're not going fast enough!"

Quite appropriate for small business I think
C

Clarity14 is offline   Reply With Quote