Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Inspiration & Ideas > What Type of Business Should I Start?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd March 2015, 12:22 PM   #91
Spider
VIP Contributor

I've made lots of suggestions already. I wonder how many you have followed?

Never mind - These have been preliminary steps.

From this point on, we get serious, Mike? Okay?

I want a commitment from you. But I'm not going to tell you what you must commit to. I want you to decide what your commitment will be and to whom you will commit.

Some of the things I have already suggested may not be acceptable to you. That's fine. I'm not here to give you orders. This is your life, not mine. Only you can decide how your life will be.

So, think about your commitment. Think about to whom you will commit. And don't be hasty about it. A commitment is not just for a week or two - it is for all time. Think how long that is, Mike -- a commitment to last until the end of time.

Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 2nd March 2015, 01:14 PM   #92
Hyper

I would just give you one basic advice. Start in the branche you like and you are interested in, it will help you a lot when meet first troubles and lack of money. Everybody meets this troubles on the start. Good luck

Old 2nd March 2015, 05:46 PM   #93
MoneyMike_111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider View Post
I've made lots of suggestions already. I wonder how many you have followed?

Never mind - These have been preliminary steps.

From this point on, we get serious, Mike? Okay?

I want a commitment from you. But I'm not going to tell you what you must commit to. I want you to decide what your commitment will be and to whom you will commit.

Some of the things I have already suggested may not be acceptable to you. That's fine. I'm not here to give you orders. This is your life, not mine. Only you can decide how your life will be.

So, think about your commitment. Think about to whom you will commit. And don't be hasty about it. A commitment is not just for a week or two - it is for all time. Think how long that is, Mike -- a commitment to last until the end of time.
Well being as Im already half-way there. I will commit to this EMT and Paramedic path being as I cant think of anything better.

Unfortunatly that means, in the future, Ill be working 2 jobs or ALOT of OT at one for a loooong time

MoneyMike_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 09:44 PM   #94
Spider
VIP Contributor

That isn't quite the sort of commitment I had in mind, Mike.

Let's try this. Decide first to whom you will make a commitment. Like, who is the most important person in your life right now?

Ask that person what they would like you to commit to. Now, you might not want to commit to that - it might not be in your best interests to make the commitment they ask for. But, the most important person in the world to you probably knows you well enough to be able to see what would be in your best interest. It's quite possible they know this better than you do!

You need to make a commitment to someone whom you absolutely will not disappoint. This is called leverage. By making a commitment to someone you consider very important, you force yourself to not let them down. They will hold you accountable to yourself for honoring that commitment.

This is leverage. It forces you to do something you want to do but fear you might fail to do. Get the idea?

So - Part #1 - to whom will you make a commitment?

Old 3rd March 2015, 11:49 AM   #95
MoneyMike_111

You know what...**** this!

You are right! I have ZERO VALUE. Never have! Theres a reason why no woman wants to date me and theres a reason why no job pays me more than $12 an hour. Theres a reason why I have so many problems with people and this is it. I was born a nothing..and ill die a nothing. Unfortunatly everyone else was blessed with being atleast average but I am sooooo low status and worth nothing and it will never change.

Thanks for opening my eyes pal. I cant even sell drugs cause I don't know anyone...what a ****ing joke!

Once a loser always a loser. I QUIT!

Old 3rd March 2015, 12:12 PM   #96
Logan
Administrator

Mike, straight up. If it is impacting that many areas of your life, get a mental health counselor to help you.... not a business forum. All the best, I think you are a good person - no doubt in my mind.

Old 3rd March 2015, 01:25 PM   #97
Spider
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyMike_111 View Post
You know what...**** this!

You are right! I have ZERO VALUE. Never have! Theres a reason why no woman wants to date me and theres a reason why no job pays me more than $12 an hour. Theres a reason why I have so many problems with people and this is it. I was born a nothing..and ill die a nothing. Unfortunatly everyone else was blessed with being atleast average but I am sooooo low status and worth nothing and it will never change.

Thanks for opening my eyes pal. I cant even sell drugs cause I don't know anyone...what a ****ing joke!

Once a loser always a loser. I QUIT!
Excellent! At last! Mike - you have just passed Test #2. Passion!

Have you ever seen those Popeye cartoons? What is Popeye's famous phrase?

THAT'S ALL I CAN STAND, I CAN STAND NO MORE! Before he goes off and beats up the villain and rescues Olive Oyl!

Great! Now we can get down to business, Mike. Now that you have awakened your passion. Now that you've gotten angry. Now we can begin.

First, let's understand a couple of things.

You have lots of value. And you are increasing your value every day you are at EMT training. And you can continue to increase your value, Mike. Of course, if you want to quit, then you won't increase your value and if you stop increasing your value, you will be a loser. But until then, you are not a loser - you are a gainer. So, don't stop.

Why do you say "No woman wants to date you"? Have you asked every woman in the world for a date? If not, you cannot be certain there is no woman out there for you. I know there are several women who are complaining, right now, there are no men to ask them out on a date! You have been asking the wrong women and the women who would love to date you are still waiting for you to find them.

The reason why no job will pay you more than $12 an hour is because you haven't found a way to be of more value that $12 an hour. Did you ever start looking for ways to be more valuable? No. You have been looking for ways to earn money without concern for the value exchange involved. You haven't learned that yet - but you will.

Nobody was blessed with anything you weren't blessed with the day you were born, Mike. And all this feeling sorry for yourself and pretending that everything is everybody else's fault doesn't wash with me.

I agree that many of the misfortunes you are facing are not your fault, but they are your responsibility to solve. And you have the power - and I can now see, the passion - to do something about it. That is a tremendous revelation and I am so happy you are beginning to see it.

So what is this tirade about, Mike? I have a good idea, what is really bothering you. I have asked you to make a commitment to the most important person in the world. Making a commitment is scary - I get that. Making a commitment to the most important person in the world (whom I imagine to be your mother and your father) is doubly scary.

Yes, Mike. I realize you are scared. Believe me, that is a good thing, right now. It will pass. And when it does - when the fear subsides, as it will - you will see that you have passed through the door that has been closed for you until now.

Take your time, my friend. Take a walk on the beach. Come back when you feel calm and we'll continue.

Old 3rd March 2015, 01:38 PM   #98
Spider
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Mike, straight up. If it is impacting that many areas of your life, get a mental health counselor to help you.... not a business forum. All the best, I think you are a good person - no doubt in my mind.
Logan, Mike came here wanting to start a business. That makes this a business problem. What is causing Mike such anguish is preventing him getting a job and starting a business. Helping him change his mindset from "loser" to "winner" is essential if his business problem is ever to be solved.

Old 3rd March 2015, 02:26 PM   #99
Logan
Administrator

Frederick, bottom line Mike is not following the forum rules with his outburst above. I don't want it here. Regardless of his business goals our community comes first, and his post is out of line when it comes to what we are all about. Disruptive. I think you will agree this thread is out of the norm of this forum when it comes to your coaching process playing out here.

Old 3rd March 2015, 05:23 PM   #100
MoneyMike_111

"What is really bothering you?"

The feeling of being STUCK!

I apologize for my "tirade" I have been getting alittle angry about this stagnancy for years now and Its starting to get to me.

I have a job interview tomorrow which made me feel better...could you guess what the average pay per hour is??? lol

Anyways, the job itself - whether I get it or not - has sparked another idea. Its a security guard job which made me think of my own security company. Places like Allied Barton and G4S rule tho, but to start small and grow would be an idea worth considering. But with some experience working as a guard, maybe a degree in criminal justice which I have been considering anyways, and the support system of my family - which has police officers in it, maybe it could work? Especially if/when I complete this EMT course....they kind of tie into each other...