Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 6th February 2006, 01:51 PM   #1
Pinkie Toe

Default Is Google Adwords and Yahoo! Search Marketing Profitable?

Is anyone making any money with google adwords or yahoo's new adword program?

Pinkie Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th February 2006, 02:09 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

I think you mean AdSense. the publisher side of AdWords.

I've had good success. many have, but not all.

Old 10th February 2006, 01:09 AM   #3
ryanj

I love the site http://www.marketingexperiments.com and it tests many online advertising methods and the articles have been invaluable to marketing my previous ecommerce business.

ryanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2006, 12:23 PM   #4
sisterpine

Send a message via AIM to sisterpine Send a message via Yahoo to sisterpine
Default regarding adwords and adsense

Adwords is a promotion tool and I expect it could work well. I have a small account and was hoping to drive more viewers to my site. While only a week old I do not feel it is working well. Of course I also cannot afford to spend 5 bucks per adword either! The big buisnesses who have huge advertising accounts probably do quite well with this system. I wish there were a less expensive way for the tiny businesses to get some coverage. As far as adsense, the same thing applies. If you get many visits to your site and they click on the ads all works well. Being a small site, a new site even not much is happening for me. they are also pretty strict (with good reason) about coaching folks to click on the sites etc.

sisterpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 05:16 AM   #5
Tara

Default Frustrating

I find adwords realy frustrating, sometimes it takes forever ro get approval. I have waited for a couple of weeks for some of mine. What are the other servies like overture like in comparison?

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2006, 08:25 AM   #6
wilberforce

Default Approval

I agree - getting approval is sometimes inconsistent and can take a long time. I've run a small number of campaignes and had a couple of hits but no sales beyond that. The concept is a great idea though and does make it possible for everyone to advertise - I guess the key is finding the right word? I tried using it in conjunction with clickbank but really need to spend longer getting it right.
Al.

wilberforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2006, 08:28 PM   #7
hawkins217

Default Adwords Works IF.....

Adworks will work and well if you know what you are doing. I have played around with it some, but haven't made any money because I know I'm not doing running my campaign correctly. So, I plan on educating myself by investing in Perry Marshall's book, "The Definitive Guide to Google Adwords." It's inexpensive ( I think $49) and will be well worth it. I've read over some of Perry's materials and heard him in some tele-seminars, so I know it'll be quite an education.

hawkins217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2006, 05:14 PM   #8
PaulMS

Default Adwords Approval - alternatives...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
I find adwords realy frustrating, sometimes it takes forever ro get approval. I have waited for a couple of weeks for some of mine. What are the other servies like overture like in comparison?
I've been able to call Adwords and get them to approve campaigns within an hour, but it might depend on how much your spending.

Besides Overture:

1) MSN adcenter as been great for quality traffic (but same approval issues).
2) 7Search can work well in certain markets. They are pretty active about weeding out sites that deliver poor quality traffic. But of course a lower volume of traffic.
3) GoClick has still worked for me in some markets, despite the naysayers (it REALLY depends on your market for the 2nd tier engines).
4) SearchFeed has worked in some markets.

http://www.snap.com is being developed out by the same guys that developed out GoTo/Overture and sold to Yahoo. I haven't tested it yet, but it's a CPA model where you pay per ACTION not per click (same thing that Google's now experimenting with).

ExactSeek is also worth considering as a paid placement source.

A couple that I've NEVER seen anyone have luck with are:

1) Enhance.
2) Kanoodle.

Hope this helps.

Paul

PaulMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 07:25 AM   #9
hotwebideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj View Post
I love the site http://www.marketingexperiments.com and it tests many online advertising methods and the articles have been invaluable to marketing my previous ecommerce business.
Good site.

hotwebideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2006, 07:27 AM   #10
hotwebideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkins217 View Post
Adworks will work and well if you know what you are doing. I have played around with it some, but haven't made any money because I know I'm not doing running my campaign correctly. So, I plan on educating myself by investing in Perry Marshall's book, "The Definitive Guide to Google Adwords." It's inexpensive ( I think $49) and will be well worth it. I've read over some of Perry's materials and heard him in some tele-seminars, so I know it'll be quite an education.
It just depends on the keyword phrase that you use broad match, exact match, etc

hotwebideas is offline   Reply With Quote