Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Pay Per Click Advertising
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th January 2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Exclamation Marketing Is As Easy As ABC

Everybody knows about The Big 3 of pay-per-click search engines...Google, Yahoo and MSN. But there's another big time player not quite as well known that delivers some pretty impressive results as well. ABC search has been around since 2001 and is based in Encino, CA.

http://www.abcsearch.com/

How big time is ABC? Well, it's currently serving over 5 billion searches per month. That's pretty big time. More importantly, ABC's traffic converts. I recently referred three of my clients to ABC, and all three are extremely satisfied with the results they received.

In case you're wondering, no, I don't get anything out of referring you to ABC and the above link isn't an affiliate link. It's just that whenever I find something that works for my clients, I like to pass it along.

By the way, have any of you ever heard of or tried ABC? What kind of results did you have?

Dale King

Dale King is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 7th January 2008, 08:53 PM   #2
Logan
Administrator

Hi Dale, thanks for the heads up! I've never used their ppc, but I have heard of them. They have been around a long time, and usually at least have an exhibit at the Search Engine Strategies conference expo. If I remember correctly, they promote their 'click fraud' detection capabilities - which might reinforce the success you have found. It is always good to hear about a second-tier search engine delivering good/qualified results.

Old 8th January 2008, 08:17 AM   #3
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hi Dale, thanks for the heads up! I've never used their ppc, but I have heard of them. They have been around a long time, and usually at least have an exhibit at the Search Engine Strategies conference expo. If I remember correctly, they promote their 'click fraud' detection capabilities - which might reinforce the success you have found. It is always good to hear about a second-tier search engine delivering good/qualified results.
You're quite welcome, Logan. And you're right about ABC promoting its click-fraud capabilties. Its fraud detection software is called "ClickShield" and is reputed to be the best in the industry, according to ClickDefense.com

Dale King

Old 10th March 2008, 04:52 PM   #4
whitenoise

Thanks for the info Dale, off to have a look in a moment : )

whitenoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2008, 10:27 AM   #5
babyjoy214

I only heard of Google and Yahoo Pay Per Click Advertising, I'll check them out, another new information from this forum.. nice.. thanks..

babyjoy214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 03:57 AM   #6
vivky

I heard that now days this sought of advertising is awful since it is hard to determine who is genuine and who fraud is. Many times what actually happens is some people are hired only for that purpose. Just for clicking and nothing else. So reduce such type of marketing.

vivky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 04:38 AM   #7
veronica

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivky View Post
I heard that now days this sought of advertising is awful since it is hard to determine who is genuine and who fraud is. Many times what actually happens is some people are hired only for that purpose. Just for clicking and nothing else. So reduce such type of marketing.
Yeah, true .. People who have joined Google AdSense or other per click affiliate programs click on the ads on their own web site to make a little income. Even they cooperate with other webmasters to click on each other's ads. Some unethical companies click on the pay per click ads of competitors to drive up their advertising costs.
But anyhow, with analytics you can detect where clicks have come from, how ethical they are.

veronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2008, 09:12 AM   #8
Dale King
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivky View Post
I heard that now days this sought of advertising is awful since it is hard to determine who is genuine and who fraud is.
What you're referring to is called click-fraud, and it's a real and legitimate problem. Depending on who you ask, click-fraud estimates range from 10%-30%. But let's compare that to the negatives of other marketing methods. If you advertised in an online ezine or newsletter that has a readership of 100,000, does that mean all 100,000 subsribers are going to see your message? No. Here's why. Because of e-mail filters and unopens, approximately 25%-75% of subscribers are never going to see your message.

And if you did a direct mail campaign and sent out 10,000 pieces, approximately 90-99% of those who receive your message are going to throw it in the trash without even opening the envelope.

And if you advertise in a general audience medium like your local newspaper, most of the circulation is going tio be wasted, because the majority of the readership is not going to be interested in your offer.

The point is, there are pros and cons, positives and negatives, advantages and disadvantages...regardless of what advertising method you choose to use.

However, smart, educated marketers plan for and adjust accordingly for those various factors.

Dale King

Last edited by Dale King; 10th May 2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 29th May 2008, 12:25 AM   #9
cpr
VIP Contributor

Never heard of it; I agree, 5 billion searches a month is huge. I'll try to submit my site now. Thanks!

Old 3rd June 2008, 04:16 AM   #10
andrea32145

I'm thinking about trying ABC too. But I'm not sure whether it works or not.

andrea32145 is offline   Reply With Quote