Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Link Development
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd July 2011, 05:45 PM   #1
canada-seo

Default Link Building With 20 Articles Suggestion Needed

Hi and Thanks in Advance,

I have 20 SEO well researched articles of 500 words each for jewelry.

Goal: to boost keyword ranking

Before I use to do article syndication. Now after panada update duplicate content if of not much use.

Now I am thinking to do 2 things
1. Create a link-Wheel on 5 web2.0 properties of 4 articles unique each
hubpages, wordpress, hosted myblog , squidoo and
(any other suggestion welcome)

OR 2. Post all 20 unique articles to my ecommerce site and interlink to product categories or product.

Please let me know out of above two which is better to have max impact to boost keyword rank.

Any other suggestion how to use those 20 articles for better effect on rankings for my website.

canada-seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th July 2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Ted GWL

Assuming that the articles are high quality well written ones (I guess that is what you mean by saying well researched) then:

1) I would create a new blog in a subdirectory on your ecommerce website
2) I would setup a Zimbio account
3) I would publish one new article about jewelry on your Zimbio account
4) I would setup Zimbio to automatically republish the feed at your new blog
5) Then publish the new articles at your blog dripped in two days apart.
6) Build at least one dofollow link back to your feed at Zimbio (several links would be better)
7) Promote the articles on your new blog using social media as they are published.
8) From inside those articles, create inks back to your more important pages on your main ecommerce section.

Done deal. Happy ranking boost!

Set your new blog's homepage to only show one article at a time. (The latest one published)

You should probably also get a few other dofollow links to the homepage of that new blog so that it indexes fully, easily and permanently.

Old 24th July 2011, 12:53 PM   #3
EHTESHAAM

Send a message via ICQ to EHTESHAAM

hello

EHTESHAAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 08:41 PM   #4
canada-seo

@Ted GWL - For point 6 what are the suggestions to create dofollow link?

canada-seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2011, 09:23 PM   #5
BeTheBest
VIP Contributor

Sorry... but I think you're getting far too complicated. Post the information on your site in areas that make sense. You may want to set up a section as a blog. Link to the items... and link the items back to the information. Use good anchor text in your links and let Google do the rest.

None of this is going to happen overnight. Develop your strategy and work it. The rewards take several months to appear. You have to be prepared to stick it out.

Hope this helps!

BeTheBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 03:39 PM   #6
Ted GWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada-seo View Post
@Ted GWL - For point 6 what are the suggestions to create dofollow link?
It doesn't matter where those links come from so long as the links are dofollow. You need the to be dofollow so that they flow PageRank. They could even be spam links (even though I don't recommend it.)

You want links from several different places. So, you could publish 3 articles, each at a different website and link back to there. An even easier way would be to go create 3 new profiles at forums that have dofollow profile page links. Go answer a few threads on the forums so that your profile page gets some link juice. Then create the profile page link that points back to your Zimbio material. People will allow this and not label you as a spammer because you are actually using legit info to link to more legit info. As long as you are actually contributing quality information to the forum then nobody is going to care. (Probably)

It is important that you get the links from several different domains though. If you can get higher PR links, you are that much better off.

The whole point in doing the Zimbio thing is to make it easy to give each new blog post at least one dofollow backlink from another domain. That way even if the blog post gets burried deep in your blog, Google will still keep it indexed. That way it continues to provide ranking boost to the other pages it links to on your ecommerce website.

Old 26th July 2011, 04:47 AM   #7
M.Rebecca

I would suggest you to publish all the 20 articles on your e-commerce website. Then create one article, summarising all the 20 articles and put anchor text pointing back to your 20 articles.

Publish this 1 article on any social media websites since these websites have tendency to rank high. If all goes well, your all articles will get enough traffic.

Old 11th August 2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Terry Payne

I don't know if this thread is still active, but I'll offer a couple of points for what they're worth. First, I would increase the size of your articles to around 750 words. Things have changed. A 500 word article no longer carries much weight.

Second, the quality and origination of your backlinks do matter. Many people seem to think that you build a bunch of inbound links (via article submissions, web 2.0 properties, etc.) and they will all count. They don't.

For example, let's say you want Google to recognize your backlinks. If Google does not index the page containing your backlink, then they won't recognize the link. The quality of the site and content of the page containing your link will matter.

There are indexing tools available. But for what you're describing, just make it good quality and the rest will take care of itself.

Much success.

Terry Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2011, 07:42 AM   #9
smallbus01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted GWL View Post
Assuming that the articles are high quality well written ones (I guess that is what you mean by saying well researched) then:

1) I would create a new blog in a subdirectory on your ecommerce website
2) I would setup a Zimbio account
3) I would publish one new article about jewelry on your Zimbio account
4) I would setup Zimbio to automatically republish the feed at your new blog
5) Then publish the new articles at your blog dripped in two days apart.
6) Build at least one dofollow link back to your feed at Zimbio (several links would be better)
7) Promote the articles on your new blog using social media as they are published.
8) From inside those articles, create inks back to your more important pages on your main ecommerce section.

Done deal. Happy ranking boost!

Set your new blog's homepage to only show one article at a time. (The latest one published)

You should probably also get a few other dofollow links to the homepage of that new blog so that it indexes fully, easily and permanently.
I think Ted is onto something. From what I see, this is a good plan. You should try it. I can't stress enough about articles needing to be GREAT to help you boost your rankings better, it really is very important.

GOOD LUCK!

smallbus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2011, 03:47 AM   #10
kayetaylor

Try this one www.uniquearticlewizard.com im using this and now i have permanent backlinks and lots of visitors daily.

kayetaylor is offline   Reply With Quote