Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Local Marketing
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th November 2010, 12:04 PM   #11
Rob.Franklin

Default Volusion

Volusion was very easy to set up and I never had any problems with their suggested merchant account.

You will need to at least learn some html basics to tweak your template to your liking.

But even more importantly you will have to master getting targeted traffic to your site and convert them into paying, profitable customers.

This is harder than it sounds since the days of cheap internet traffic are gone.

Most internet companies are now happy to acquire a new customer at break even just for their contact info. Then they make the profits on the back end sales.

Rob.Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 9th June 2011, 02:03 PM   #12
lw-daryljames

Have you ever thought of utilizing the Joomla platform for your website? There is a great free module called Virtuemart that allows you to build your own online store, and it's pretty easy to use. Check it out.

lw-daryljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 02:03 AM   #13
seo-guy

Usability is of utmost significance on the web. Why? Since the web is an interactive-medium, and you would like your viewers to intermingle with your site. There are some tips to make your site more simple and user-friendly.

1. Reflect like a user.
2. Don't compel your viewer to do, click , or see anything.
3. Understand the standard.
4. Be traditional with factors like Flash.
5. Take some time to architecture your site.
6. Reduce confusion.
7. Avoid surprise.
8. Use the minimum technology to achieve your goal.

seo-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 11:39 AM   #14
canada-seo

I agree to wordpress solution you can customize it without much technical knowledge. Looks professional too. If you have 2-3 products try setting up free paypal account. You can get paypal payment button against your product.
For getting merchant account it might be expensive and monthly free. For paypal you pay for what you use. Check out more information about setting up paypal buttons at https://www.paypal.com/pdn-item. It is safe and sure.

canada-seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 10:32 PM   #15
tobuso

I would suggest you have a google checkout and paypal button as an addition to a merchant account.

Many people back out of the purchase when they realize there is not a REAL merchant account.

We can build the site, build the shopping cart, and integrate a free payment gateway into it. We also provide SEO services to help you rank better or at/near the top. SEO takes time and effort. You can do any or all of these yourself but it will just take more time. It is up to you. Call the number below for more info.

tobuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 10:25 AM   #16
Tony Denson

Default Consider Your Time on ROI

I agree with the other web designers that have offered helpful advice. You do need to consider your time and your return on investment. Is all the hours of time and frustration worth more than handing the task over to one of us as a professional who can put all the puzzle pieces together in a day or two? I used to do all my own auto repairs in my own two car garage. Won't do it now!

My eye doctor had a one page yahoo web site on a domain name and was getting no traction. I moved the hosting to aggressive hosting, redid the website in Wordpress with six pages, set up the contact form and pegged her Google Places and a graphic Facebook Fan page. All of this is linked together. 65 days after implementing she started showing top listing private company for three high traffic keywords. And I am just one Texan doing the work!

Your time is valuable to your business !

Tony Denson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2012, 06:59 PM   #17
BoBo_184

as far as payment system is concerned, you can try PayPal or Nochex, which make online payment easier as compared to trying to set up your own payment gateway.

you can also add your business details to business platforms like alibaba where you will get a dedicated business page almost like a mini website that let you publish business information, photos, videos, updates... you just need to fill out a form, no programming knowledge is needed and it is free

the benefit with this is that your page will also appear on all search engines so you will have direct exposure to people who are looking for the type of products you are selling .. until your own website is ready, you can start using these websites to get found by customers. they will be able to contact you directly and you can work out the payment details with them

BoBo_184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2012, 02:59 PM   #18
aaron.paspe

Absolutely you should be using word press, it is easy to use and manage. Make it simple, never over think it.

aaron.paspe is offline   Reply With Quote