Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th November 2013, 10:53 AM   #1
smurfcho

Default Video Surveillance For Small Businesses

Recently i have opened a small cafe offering freshly brewed iced tea and sandwiches. I had to place some video surveillance, because had some problems with the employees (stealing money) and crazy cleints, who did want to pay their bills. Since I put 4 IP camers, the problems stopped.
I bought 4 IP cameras, did some reserach for cloud based surveillance, because i heard it is reliable, i got recordings, live monitoring and motion detection. All the recordings are saved in secured data center. I found several companies - fennocloudcam, invideio and some others...
What do you guys reccomend as an IP camera service. I chose fennocloudcam(dot)com. A friend reccomended them to me. I signed up and use them already for 2 months. The set up is easy. I hooked up my IP cameras. I registered with them and through the Admin panel i can monitor my business through my Smart phone and Tablet.
What other cloud based surveillance services are out there? I really like having all my data in the cloud...
What do you think about Cloud Surveillance? What else is out there - cheap and effective?
Thank you,

smurfcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 6th November 2013, 01:59 PM   #2
twhansbury

I have used both DVR and a service that ran off my DVR.
I have to say that the cloud aspect and being able to remote view and review. And even more effective that everyone knew that was possible was the best. However there are things you cant control like power, internet goes out that you need to have a DVR otherwise the tech does not matter.

Old 12th November 2013, 05:10 AM   #3
B4N4N4S

fair point, twhansbury.

however, it surely depends on how seriously you take your system. both internet and power outage can be fought against before they occur, so in this respect you can control things like that. but then again, if you don't want to mess with this, cloud surveillance would be a way out. with cloud surveillance you just need to make sure the camera works at all times, the rest is service provider's responsibility

B4N4N4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 09:36 PM   #4
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

I've seen how useful video surveillance on TV. It really helped the police to identify the perpetrators.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 01:45 PM   #5
twhansbury

[quote=B4N4N4S;200871]fair point, twhansbury.

B4n4n4s
Yes i agree, my point was that when things don't work and your video is not saved for review thats not good. I like systems that have both a onsite DVR and cloud. if the internet goes out or power goes out a cloud only system wont work unless it has a onsite DVR that captures the video. The only way around power is to have CPU;s onsite. Ive ran cameras off a small one costs under $100

Old 15th November 2013, 07:20 AM   #6
smurfcho

Default Cloud based surveillance!

The tech guy from Fennocloudcam explained to me, that the data is saved and secured in a data center located in Finland, so no wrries. It is accessible at any time and monitored from any device - laptop, smart phone..I like the idea of cloud based solutions!

smurfcho is offline   Reply With Quote