Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st June 2010, 06:36 AM   #1
Sahan Asad

Send a message via Skype™ to Sahan Asad
Thumbs up Part 2 - Internet Marketing – Where Shall I START?

Hi there!

In my previous post I talked about my experiences as an Internet Marketer and the newbie’s hurdle I had to go through. I also mentioned about the fundamental mistakes most newbie’s make that you shouldn’t.

Now without further delay I will let you know my first steps to success:

I wanted to promote a product that gives me monthly residual income. A product that I didn’t have to create, just implement it, in other words copy & paste.

I didn’t want to create a website, or write sale page, or write up in advance lots of content for my email list, or have front end product, bonus product, backend product etc.

The only effort I wanted to do was to get traffic to the product, the fun part.

I didn’t want to promote any old product, only products that are HIGH QUALITY standard that I trusted and personally used. You do not want to ruin your reputation.

The product I wanted to promote was from a person I have been following for a very long time, in fact before he even had any successes. I know his product is no BS; he is an excellent teacher for newbie’s to make money on the Internet…

The explanation he gives in such small details is that a 10 year old can make money from the Internet….and I’m not even exaggerating!

If you don’t believe me check out my signature link at the bottom, it won’t even cost you a dime for the amount of information he gives to newbie’s to start making money online!

So for me personally this product ticked all the boxes. All I had to do was to promote a ONE PAGE WEBSITE to build my list, i.e. collect customers email addresses…

In return customers will learn for FREE how to create a website the EASIEST and QUICKEST way and get a FREE weekly email on how to get traffic to their new website for 60 weeks!

MONEY IS IN THE LIST FOLKS… MONEY IS IN THE LIST FOLKS…

Drum this in to your head if you want to succeed in Internet Marketing for LONG TERM!

People who are in a rush to make money and don’t build their list DON’T SUCCEED.

As you start to build your list, automatically you START to MAKE MONEY; how’s that you say?

Well so far you have been building trust to your list with your free quality products and your weekly how to get traffic emails.

Now is the time to sell them the unbelievable value for money LOW cost monthly membership site to take them to the next level. That becomes your monthly income!

Statistic says it takes around 7 email contacts to make a sale…so true.

This membership site has everything that your customer needs to succeed; They will have interaction with like minded people, all kind of Internet Marketing tools, get to promote the very same product that I’m promoting, promoting many other products, make more money faster and 100s of other benefits.

The email list that I have built consistently gives me a monthly income. My email list trust me, I’m always there to help them to succeed in Internet Marketing.

On occasions I come across a great product or technique which gets me more traffic to my site. If it works for me first then I will promote this new product/technique to my customer list and vice versa they do the same thing to their customer list.

I beyond doubt consider for newbie’s this is the easiest way to make money as everything is provided for you. Thats how I succeeded from my lazyness.

Now days I have many web sites, with many different strategies I use to make money, most of it learned from this membership site.

I then moved into my second project creating a 10 page website that promotes niche physical good. They are easy to get to number 1 ranking as it has less competition due to it being a small niche.

Each page has benefit driven content of the products I wanted to sell. The Easiest way to get benefit driven content for your products is to go to Amazon and check out the reviews as if you would buy them!

Each page has different keywords promoting different related products.

Each keyword has only 1,000 searches a month roughly. I target to get 10 sales from that keyword. Therefore every 100 visit I target 1 sale as the worse case scenario. So I have 10 web pages, each having 1 keywords per web page giving me total traffic of 10,000.

As you can see low traffic searches when combined can make you a lot of money by growing your website. Low search keywords most people ignore but I love them.

Also I generate further income by having ad sense on these sites!

I am also using PPC (Pay Per Click) to send traffic to my sites. The CPC (cost per click) for theses keywords are very cheap as I find them from my site using Google Analytic. This shows me what search phrases people use to find my site.

Can you see from a one page website where this has guided me to?

You all can do it.

Please feel free to ask me any questions on any of the strategies I mentioned. If you want me to expand on any of the strategies further please don’t hesitate.

Remember folk’s money is in the list for long term profit.

Good luck

Kindest
Sahan Asad

Sahan Asad is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 1st June 2010, 04:49 PM   #2
bizjunkie

Wow, for someone who didn't want to write a sales page - this sure looks like a sales page.

Good luck!

bizjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 03:29 PM   #3
mofaux

I've been working with Google's rich snippets and microformats a lot lately. I haven't seen anyone marketing an ebook about them. If you can think up a creative way to get approved for star microformats and show people how to get other microformats showing up on their own sites, you might make a little money. Microformats really make a search result pop out on a page, and increase click through rates on SERP results.

mofaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2011, 05:36 AM   #4
Lucky Adam

I am really impressed with the tips given by Sahan Asad. These offer considerable value to reader for internet marketing.

Lucky Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2011, 06:09 PM   #5
bloggingfortune

Looks like you overcame a major hurdle and that is you took action. Agree that you need to build a list. It is then important to realise that your list are people. Building trust and a relationship will result in a long term business.

bloggingfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 12:06 PM   #6
farooqi

Hi everybody, I am a new comer and very much impressed with the points given in this post and specially I have got lot of help in order to devise some strategy for my newly established website. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you more from your side.

farooqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 06:38 PM   #7
jsingerston

Sahan Asad

Your signature link is dead. You should fix it. The site is down.

jsingerston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2011, 08:05 PM   #8
lyfbond

the writing sounds like an ad but anyway you're link is dead now... i would take it as if it doesn't work at all. peace!

lyfbond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 05:43 AM   #9
Ebony2009rb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyfbond View Post
the writing sounds like an ad but anyway you're link is dead now... i would take it as if it doesn't work at all. peace!
Yep dead as the Dodo.
I have been marketing and getting nowhere for 14 months. In the last few months though I have moved a long way by getting a mentor and doing some training. Check out my site for some great coaching programs.
Mindset is also crucial as is targeting your market. Get a product that answers peoples problems and market it to the right market.
Give the customer what they want and you will make sales, it is not rocket science nor do I believe in those 'shiny golden nuggets''. No quick fix, it is hard work and you need to build up a client base. Think long term and work towards your goals.
Tim

Ebony2009rb is offline   Reply With Quote