If you are looking for something very inexpensive, very easy to use, hosted by a vendor who provides excellent customer service and support, you may want to look into AppShore. It was designed specifically with small business in mind.
If you follow this link:
you will find many interesting comments from small business people just like you who have compared AppShore to many of the vendors mentioned previously in this thread.
AppShore provides an online CRM solution, which means it is Internet based as opposed to being installed on your PC or on a server located at your office. The main benefits of an online solution are:
* it is available anywhere you have access to the Internet
* real time sharing of information between people in different physical locations
* no worries about losing your data if your PC crashes or is infected with a virus
* you don't have own or operate any special computer hardware
* you don't have download or install any software on your PC
* you don't have to hire technical people to manage hardware and software
Most of our customers sign up for our product because they:
* have customer information on bits of paper all over the place and want to get organized
* are using spreadsheets but they are getting too big and difficult to manage
* are using desktop Contact Management like ACT! or Goldmine but are afraid of losing data if the PC crashes or is infected by a virus
* need to share information with partners or employees in different locations
* have used online solutions like salesforce.com in the past, but want something that costs a lot less but does the same thing
The AppShore solution was designed especially for small business owners with limited resources and big ideas. There is nothing to install and nothing to download - just sign up, log in, and get started.