Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Computing > Computer Software
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd May 2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Chimpie

Default What CRM Do You Use?

I've used Sage's ACT in the past to manage my sales, leads and referrals. It was nice but I didn't have the opportunity to use it to its full potential. As I am in the process of building my own business, I started researching ACT again. It appears that version 2009 is full of bugs and there have been a lot of complaints about how hard it is to install and get is set up.

I have also seen SalesLogix in action, but never used it myself. It is also by Sage.

Has anyone else used these programs, or something else? What have your experiences been?

Chimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 22nd May 2009, 01:13 PM   #2
bgqw08

We use GoldMine and it is fairly stable. I have heard mixed reviews on ACT!; some love it, others hate it. I would also look at sugar and salesforce.com. SalesLogix is pretty good (from what I have heard- never used) but a little more complex than the others.

bgqw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 04:04 PM   #3
KirkEisele

Default Take A Look at Zoho CRM

Zoho has a hosted CRM. (Like Salesforce you use it through a browser.) They have a host of web-based apps that you can also use. The CRM is free for your first 3 users which is nice when you are just getting off the ground. I've been using them for one my companies and it works pretty well.

I also have used Salesforce and I do prefer it a bit over Zoho. Free won the day though for the company. We weren't that sure how things would work out and now that they have, we don't have much incentive to migrate.

Kirk

Last edited by KirkEisele; 22nd May 2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Fixed Mis-spelling.
KirkEisele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 08:01 PM   #4
marketingrep

I use Zoho which is online and free for up to 3 users. Maybe not the best but right now works for my needs.

marketingrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2009, 01:32 AM   #5
ianski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
I've used Sage's ACT in the past to manage my sales, leads and referrals. It was nice but I didn't have the opportunity to use it to its full potential. As I am in the process of building my own business, I started researching ACT again. It appears that version 2009 is full of bugs and there have been a lot of complaints about how hard it is to install and get is set up.

I have also seen SalesLogix in action, but never used it myself. It is also by Sage.

Has anyone else used these programs, or something else? What have your experiences been?
Why dont you try Desk Quote Professional a go,i use it to run my business.It does what all CRM do,and it informs you what stage the job is at from job started to payment,they have tutorials on their web and on youtube.
It was written buy a friens of mine,he is now selling it online at www.deskquote.co.uk easy to use.

ianski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2009, 11:59 AM   #6
haljordan5

can anybody suggest any web apps that do CRM, project management, and time and billing?

haljordan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 08:31 PM   #7
MrGamma

I use my own, I have basically borrowed some of the best features from other software products and integrated them into a single solution. I am most certainly lacking in some areas but I am certainly making progress.

MrGamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 01:38 PM   #8
Kregg

If you are looking for something very inexpensive, very easy to use, hosted by a vendor who provides excellent customer service and support, you may want to look into AppShore. It was designed specifically with small business in mind.

If you follow this link:
http://www.appshore.com/?&op=custome...e.testimonials

you will find many interesting comments from small business people just like you who have compared AppShore to many of the vendors mentioned previously in this thread.

AppShore provides an online CRM solution, which means it is Internet based as opposed to being installed on your PC or on a server located at your office. The main benefits of an online solution are:

* it is available anywhere you have access to the Internet
* real time sharing of information between people in different physical locations
* no worries about losing your data if your PC crashes or is infected with a virus
* you don't have own or operate any special computer hardware
* you don't have download or install any software on your PC
* you don't have to hire technical people to manage hardware and software

Most of our customers sign up for our product because they:

* have customer information on bits of paper all over the place and want to get organized
* are using spreadsheets but they are getting too big and difficult to manage
* are using desktop Contact Management like ACT! or Goldmine but are afraid of losing data if the PC crashes or is infected by a virus
* need to share information with partners or employees in different locations
* have used online solutions like salesforce.com in the past, but want something that costs a lot less but does the same thing

The AppShore solution was designed especially for small business owners with limited resources and big ideas. There is nothing to install and nothing to download - just sign up, log in, and get started.

Kregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2010, 09:03 AM   #9
David S.

Default The CRM we use

In my company, we use TioLive CRM/ERP (http://www.tiolive.com). It is an hosted solution too.
I think it's unexpensive, relatively intuitive, well documented, and when you need help, finding support is usually quick and easy. The CRM function works with campaigns, tickets and events.

We have subscribed to the Premium version to get a customized version with specific campaigns.

David S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2010, 04:57 PM   #10
zilog

Hosted CRM is the way to go.

Sage would of been a good solution around 1998!

SugarCRM gets some good reviews, cheaper than saleforce.com and has
more data portability than Salesforce.