Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th June 2012, 09:03 AM   #41
AlexMc

I don't know how comfortable I am with Google +. It seems like a great way to connect with new people - a bit of a combination of Twitter & Facebook. But, I'm unsure if I want Google to have more of my information. I already use Gmail and Google Search - so providing them with more personal information is a bit scary.

Until my customers are looking for me Google+ I think I'll just stick to Facebook - until they start charging a fee for us small businesses.

AlexMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 4th July 2012, 07:59 PM   #42
love_sunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLeads View Post
There is no harm in trying.
Exactly, besides putting your company on Google plus local would be factor because Google+ is being indexed unlike Google places.

love_sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2012, 11:44 AM   #43
bertbill

I think Google plus is the same as Facebook, twitter and it's a good plate form to promote and advertise your business.

bertbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2012, 11:13 AM   #44
marketinger

Updating and contributing to Google+ can only help your business even if it's a slow start with minimal followers. Updating a plethora of internet advertising services helps all around - with Google or otherwise. It enhances your brand identity at the most basic level. Now, let's hope Google+ starts taking off and more and more people start using it as a part of their internet marketing solutions!

marketinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2012, 08:00 PM   #45
MikeRoncone

Send a message via Skype™ to MikeRoncone

The main purpose of Google+ is essentially to be a new search engine. If you do some research you may see that Google+ might never have been meant to be a traditional social media site.

Google is using G+ to gather insane amounts of data about individuals and their habits in order to asses their search needs more.

G+ is definitely somewhere that EVERY small business needs to be. Because as Google assembles more data on their users and search audience, local/contextual marketing is going to get even more targeted.

I suggest to all my clients that G+ is one of the first things they tackle, and that they make sure to have every single detail they can on there and to use it to connect to as many customers as they possibly can.

It will pay off in the end.

Best,
-Mike

MikeRoncone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 12:58 PM   #46
donovanjames786
VIP Contributor

Google+ is the fastest rising community after facebook. Its a hope that i would get even more popular in certain period of time. I am focusing G+ more than facebook now for my SMO campaigns.

Old 7th September 2012, 05:49 AM   #47
hdm
VIP Contributor

Now that it is gaining popularity, it seems like it would be a good idea for admin to enable us to set up our Google+ links on our profiles. What do you all say, guys?

Old 4th October 2012, 05:29 AM   #48
Hieunt1

Send a message via MSN to Hieunt1 Send a message via Yahoo to Hieunt1
Default re:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike12 View Post
Here's an article that might be of value, its geared to small businesses that aren't on Google+ and are wondering about whether they should be. I wrote it in part based on what I learned doing marketing research for my business. There are lots of social options right now, its difficult to decide where to invest limited time and resources. http://bit.ly/JoklVF
I think, Google+ is ok, for me it is better than facebook. you are true when you said " There are lots of social options right now, its difficult to decide where to invest limited time and resources". To find the the thing which invest limited time is very hard.
Thanks

Old 7th October 2012, 12:54 AM   #49
chinlee

It is to a certain degree but based on how it has unraveled since its release, I'm not sure if it is as effective as advertised. I think a lot of people had high hope for Google+ but it fell short of all those hype, way short. But it still has its uses, and if you have the spare time to do those things then you should do it.

Old 7th October 2012, 01:45 AM   #50
WritePressNews

Default Facebook vs. Google Plus

Here's a good article about the differences between

Facebook vs. Google

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-574...e-epic-battle/

Ruth

WritePressNews is offline   Reply With Quote