Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > General Search Engine Marketing Information
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd November 2010, 12:41 PM   #1
rockroad005

Default Not Showing Up On Google Page, Need Help.

Guys i need some informations regarding this. I saw some tips on here saying "multi-phrases kewords" can help me index at google place because they are less competitive. So i suggest it to my friend. This friend of mine is working on one site. The website is http://www.amoro.com and she uses multi-phrases keywords like what I've suggest. Here are the keywords "wedding gifts for wedding party, his and hers wedding bands, wedding engagement rings, diamond engagement rings, sterling silver jewelry and many more". In short she uses multi-phrases for her keywords to the idea of lesser competitive keywords. She's working on it for 2months, she just started last September 6, 2010. Until now it was not showing up on google. What we are thinking is that since she's using multi-keyword phrases and less competitive word like "wedding gifts for wedding party" that's not a competitive word, it's too long so how come it's not showing up at all? I would think it would at least show on like page 20 or something though, but it's not even there at all. She uses a lot of multi-keyword phrases like what i put here but even one of them are not showing even on the last page. Considering that it has PR3. I think there's something wrong with this. And by the way she never do any tactics yet such as social bookmarking, social networking, article submission, press release submission, directories and listing submission. She just focusing on forums posting and not doing other seo tactics. The reason behind this because she also has another site and concentrating on forum posting alone and she got shown it on google. The other website, she worked for it only for few months and now it is showing in google just doing forum posting alone and not other seo tactics. She's just thinking that if she made it shown that site in google using forum tactics alone then why she can't be able to do it with amoro.com now with 2months of working with forum posting alone. Please give as a feedback regarding this. We need help and to find out what's really going on. Appreciate it much.

rockroad005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 24th April 2011, 01:57 PM   #2
erikfast

In my opinion, you need link diversity. Getting backlinks from a single source does not look good to Google.

Old 24th April 2011, 08:42 PM   #3
AndreaC

Send a message via Skype™ to AndreaC

I agree with Erikfast, link diversity is important. I couldn't imagine getting ranked in the SE with only forum links.

When using longtail KWs you still have to do KW research and make sure the phrases you pick are actually being searched for.

Also, it looks like she is trying to rank her site and not the individual pages on the site.

AndreaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 12:13 AM   #4
oldbuddy
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to oldbuddy

I am far from an SEO expert (or even a beginner for that matter), but I have several top positions on Google for somewhat obscure keywords that I obtained using Social Monkee in a day or two. What I would suggest is that you write articles and post them on YOUR website, then submit them to Social Monkee and see what happens.

Like I said, I tried some that got nowhere and others that hit the top, but I can't tell you exactly why. At least I responded here.

You may ask why I would want to rank for obscure keywords? Simple, I drop hints to encourage people to search for them and it brings me traffic. I frequent one forum for Fusioncash where they don't allow us to post links, but I want to attract people to my blog. So when they ask me how I get so many referrals (I earn more than most people there) I subtly suggest they search for that term. My post hangs around for a long time and continues to attract attention. That's my version of forum marketing.

Old 3rd May 2011, 01:20 PM   #5
Lucky Adam

In my personal opinion, it is better to have quality backlinks from the sites where the relevance matters. As my other fellows have already mentioned about the diversity, it should be done only when the relevance is also there.

Lucky Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2011, 05:43 AM   #6
iqecommerce

Try link Wheel process, this will build a good no of backlinks.

IQecommerce.

iqecommerce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 05:07 AM   #7
brithny

Put up some quality content and get some back links from relevant decent site, then the ball will be rolling.:P

Old 30th May 2011, 02:30 AM   #8
Terry Payne

I believe everybody is telling you the same thing, so I'll jump on board. I took a look at your friend's site and it appears they did a good job optimizing it for keywords. However, I imagine those keywords are competitive.

The thing that jumped out at me is they have absolutely no backlinks. Website optimization alone won't do the job for those phrases. They're going to need a lot of off-page marketing. Articles, press releases, video marketing, etc., with anchor text. It will likely take awhile. If they're concentrated in a specific area, they might include a geographic modifier.

I don't mean to be a downer, but it's going to take some work. I wish you well.

Terry Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 02:28 AM   #9
B2Bexpert

I have seen your website. I getting the points that may be a reason of poor ranking.

* No quality backlinks
* Link structure in not good
* content is poor
* website's search result isn't SEO friendly

Fix these things and wait for some couple of weeks

B2Bexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 02:13 AM   #10
jhardy2008

try to build natural backlinks

jhardy2008 is offline   Reply With Quote