Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th March 2013, 07:46 PM   #1
ashleypryce

Question How Can We Compete With Others?

There are obviously a lot of competitors when it comes to print templates. We are worried that our brand will not stand out because people usually go to places that are already established and popular. Do you have any suggestions on how we can make people patronize our products too?

ashleypryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 18th March 2013, 09:09 PM   #2
voyska

After taking a look at this, I want to see big pictures and fancy examples. I could see this being really helpful. We design flyers and brochures for free for our users, but looking at your site, I don't have any want to use the service if I can't see examples of what I am getting.

Old 19th March 2013, 08:06 PM   #3
ashleypryce

You can actually see some samples on the inner pages when you browse products.

ashleypryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2013, 09:41 AM   #4
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Offer better solutions and you will increase your business.

Old 21st March 2013, 11:42 AM   #5
ahoopes

I've been reading a book lately about small business success called "Conquer the Chaos". In one section it talks about competitors. The point the author was driving at was about being optimistic and he presented the idea that the market is HUGE! I thought more on this and given that for most small business owners we are the under dog in a huge market and it can be very discouraging comparing our abilities to the big dogs. It is important to recognize that we have benefits as a small business and can be more agile. There are simple and efficient ways we can attack our target market differently and be successful. One of my favorite tactics is through nurturing prospects with a more personal touch. If you can automate the nurturing then you can put more focus on finding new prospects!

ahoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 02:14 AM   #6
kristenjames

If you want to promote your business so that you can get maximum customers, then first check your target market & your competitors. Once you analyse your market you yourself will get who are the customers & where you should focus more.

kristenjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 04:04 PM   #7
Handdy.com

Default Reply

Get something unique to your company or develop something unique which is useful to your customer.

Just keep promoting the heck out of it.
Ex: Printer who gives a pack of cards with every order or something like that

Eventually you will become known and people will come to you

Old 10th April 2013, 02:59 PM   #8
itaye

Default I read a book about this

I read a book by Seth Godin. He is a marketing guru talking about how to stand out. The book's name if "Free prize inside" but he has a lot more. There are also few of his videos on TED.com This is only one example: http://www.ted.com/talks/seth_godin_...ced_bread.html

itaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 09:32 PM   #9
Hampers
VIP Contributor

Good competition can be refining your own business by assessing the strengths of other businesses.

But remember you don't have to be perfect at everything all the time, just most of the time.

And also, learn a little about most things so you are never completely out of the loop and just having to accept an opinion as the answer.

Hampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 09:41 PM   #10
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Do Relationship Marketing. In this way, you build rapport with your customers, especially your loyal customers. Loyal customers are less likely to switch to other competitors if you continue to gain their trust through good quality goods or services.

You can research online the latest Relationship Marketing tips.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote