Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > General Issues > General Small Business Issues
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st April 2013, 03:36 AM   #1
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Question Mobile Marketing

I'm not sure if this topic is related to this Forum Category but it's the closest I can find.

Recently, smartphones have become so popular worldwide that almost every person on the planet own one. Unlike the mobiles in the past, today's phones are connected to the Internet seamlessly. The introduction of Apps and other technological wonders have made smartphones a must have for a 21st century human.

I've read online that mobiles will be newest platform to do business. This seems to be a recent phenomenon to me. This is called Mobile Marketing.

Do you believe that smartphones will be the next 'great thing' to make money online? How different smartphone technologies from desktop/laptop technologies? How one should cater his/her services to mobile phone users? Are there any changes to convert your PC site into a mobile phone site? Are you willing to get involved in Mobile Marketing?

Please share your thoughts.

panthervision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register or log in to remove this ad.
Old 11th April 2013, 08:10 AM   #2
jamest1

I do think that mobile marketing would be the next big thing. From uni, I have read research that people are using phones more than ever - accessing websites, apps, etc.

Also I think it has a more personal/ targeted method of marketing feel to it - eg location based.

Old 12th April 2013, 04:46 AM   #3
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Mobile marketing is already big. It is a great business to get into.

Old 20th May 2013, 01:25 AM   #4
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

You said it well people. Every time I walk outside I could see a lot of people texting and chatting with their mobiles. It's an opportunity that shouldn't be missed.

Now I'm researching Mobile Marketing strategies/tactics online.

Old 20th May 2013, 01:04 PM   #5
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthervision23 View Post
You said it well people. Every time I walk outside I could see a lot of people texting and chatting with their mobiles. It's an opportunity that shouldn't be missed.

Now I'm researching Mobile Marketing strategies/tactics online.
One day computers may be only used by businesses. Mobile marketing is hear to stay and will only grow to unprecedented levels.

Old 8th September 2013, 10:10 PM   #6
panthervision23
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
One day computers may be only used by businesses. Mobile marketing is hear to stay and will only grow to unprecedented levels.
Well mobile phones have smaller screens than PCs and laptops. Graphic designers, for example, prefer to work on large screens. So that they can see the minute detail of their creations. Unless if they're working something for the mobile phone industry. I think large screen computers will be still be around for a very long time.

Old 13th September 2013, 04:43 AM   #7
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthervision23 View Post

I've read online that mobiles will be newest platform to do business. This seems to be a recent phenomenon to me. This is called Mobile Marketing.

Do you believe that smartphones will be the next 'great thing' to make money online? How different smartphone technologies from desktop/laptop technologies? How one should cater his/her services to mobile phone users? Are there any changes to convert your PC site into a mobile phone site? Are you willing to get involved in Mobile Marketing?

Please share your thoughts.
With majority of Internet users accessing the web through Internet-enabled phones (not necessarily smartphones),it would be unwise to overlook this aspect in your marketing efforts.Allow me to digress a little.

In Africa,'mobile' technology has caught like wildfire and is used by brick-and-mortar businesses to receive payment from customers-even paying for a beer-as well as payment of supplies and what not.Need not be over the Internet but this goes to show just how crucial these devices have become.

Moving on.Smartphones,for instance,are perfect in the Internet of things spectrum,such as was pointed out by an online read I too stumbled upon.A woman jogging decides to get some water from a nearby vending machine and she does a voice search on her smartphone for bottled water and is directed to a machine within 100 meters of her current location. She goes to the machine and buys a bottle of water using a mobile payment account in her phone.The machine captures this information.It will also notify the company that water is running out of supply and this info will be relayed to the 'connected' trucks and the driver will move in to refill machines that are on his route.

Meanwhile,the jogger may decide to stop by the grocery store on her way home.Using the information that was captured,the water company sends a promo directly to her smartphone.She reads it and this may just influence her beverage purchase.

Anyway,you get the drift.One thing though,smartphones won't completely replace computers anytime soon.Things may be changing-think of interactive displays/interactive kiosks.Smartphones and mobile devices sure lead the chase but I don't envision computers being used by businesses only anytime soon.

Old 23rd October 2013, 12:38 AM   #8
johnlarase

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
I agree, too. Someday mobile phones will become the major "tool" in business and marketing. I wonder if people will still use PCs and laptops during that time..

johnlarase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 05:07 PM   #9
MarketingDoctor
VIP Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to MarketingDoctor

Of course desktops and laptops will still be used in the future.

To suggest it will be an "either-or" contest is foolish. They do different things in different ways, and users want different things from each.

Using smart phones on massive web sites and portals can be a nightmare. Mobile devices are primarily for people who are away from their office or home and need information in manageable chunks, quickly and easily.

Not even responsive web design will always be the best solution it's a useful compromise, but savvy marketers will still cater to both small and large screens to ensure the best possible user experiences for each.

That won't be restricted to appearance or functionality. It will be geared to the type of requirements of the different types of users.

MarketingDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2014, 06:40 AM   #10
James Gordon

For the past few years, mobile marketing becoming more popular in the business industry. It offers more convenience, instant results, track and analyze user behavior to improve business.

James Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote