Welcome to the Small Business Ideas Forum! We are a community of over 100,000 small business folks with over 163,000 posts for you to browse. We pride ourselves on being the friendliest forum you will find and we'd love to have you as a member of our community. Please take a moment and register for a free account. If you need any help, please contact Chris Logan.

Small Business Ideas Forum

Small Business Ideas Forum

A friendly place to share small business ideas and knowledge, ask questions, find help and encourage others that are involved in the small business industry. Topics include small business marketing, generating revenue and small business computing.

Go Back   Small Business Ideas Forum > Small Business Marketing - Online > Social Media
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 18th May 2013, 02:19 PM   #41
Diane Seltzer

I like different social networks for different reasons... but I have to say G+ is becoming one of my favorites.

I am mainly B2B so I don't do much marketing on Facebook (honestly its starting to annoy me lately for personal use too).

Twitter tends to feel one sided - I find it hard to keep up with posts.

LinkedIn I love for business groups and networking.

Google+ is starting to grow on me for professional networking - but I feel it is strongest for B2B.

My marketing page has grown nicely over the last few years - over 1,000 now - and I believe I am starting to see organic search lift from that. So, for those reasons I am becoming a bigger fan.

You can join my marketing page circle here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114835964625426883708/

Old 19th May 2013, 01:24 PM   #42
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Seltzer View Post
I like different social networks for different reasons... but I have to say G+ is becoming one of my favorites.

I am mainly B2B so I don't do much marketing on Facebook (honestly its starting to annoy me lately for personal use too).

Twitter tends to feel one sided - I find it hard to keep up with posts.

LinkedIn I love for business groups and networking.

Google+ is starting to grow on me for professional networking - but I feel it is strongest for B2B.

My marketing page has grown nicely over the last few years - over 1,000 now - and I believe I am starting to see organic search lift from that. So, for those reasons I am becoming a bigger fan.

You can join my marketing page circle here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114835964625426883708/

What are the advantages of Google+ for B2B?

Personally, I hardly ever use my personal Facebook page. I do keep my business page updated regularly.

Old 21st May 2013, 01:10 PM   #43
krishnaherbals

Smile

I like Google+ for its features like hang out and cover picture..Face book is the popular social networking site and it is keep updating new .

krishnaherbals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 02:02 AM   #44
BeBizsmart
VIP Contributor

Default Do you like Google Plus?

Well, the thing with Google+ is the rate it has been growing at.It's astounding!Facebook may be the big dog in terms of active users but Google+ is getting there too.
Some figures from earlier this year coutesy of Global Web Index put the number of active Facebook users at 693 million (out of its 903 million fanbase) and this is about 51% of the world's Internet community.Google+ debuted in September 2011 and had 304 million active users in 2012's Q4.
Facebook is losing its appeal and this may be due to the new restrictions on what people can see,privacy issues,increased advertising,promoted posts and less relevant content in news feeds.
While FB helps you in connecting with existing friends and your relationship with them,G+ helps you in establishing new connections,find interesting people and stumble upon content that may surprise and amuse you.
In business,it depends on the level of connection you have established on either.There are those who find Facebook better while others prefer the new Google+. Personally,I dislike Facebook because of the trivial issues in discussion every time.I closed my personal account for this reason but opened a new one strictly for business.This is by far better.
I say if it's for business purposes,go with both.Actively participate and with time you'll have your own story to tell.
So,yes.I like Google+ because it's fun to use and you can learn a lot.

BeBizsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 03:01 AM   #45
PremOutshine

I just created business page og Google+. let's see, how much it works for me.. so far it's negative.

PremOutshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 05:05 AM   #46
carpetnj
VIP Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremOutshine View Post
I just created business page og Google+. let's see, how much it works for me.. so far it's negative.
Let us know how your Google+ experience works. Inquiring minds are wondering. I think Google+ is a waste of my time.

Old 22nd May 2013, 07:14 AM   #47
adficientppcmgt

I love google+ and really easy to use.

adficientppcmgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 12:54 AM   #48
PremOutshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetnj View Post
Let us know how your Google+ experience works. Inquiring minds are wondering. I think Google+ is a waste of my time.
Yeah, definitely. Sure, I'll. As I mentioned earlier, so far the response is absolutely negative.

PremOutshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 07:02 AM   #49
Alastair

Yes I do! +1 for Do follow link

Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 02:44 PM   #50
Rachel S

I actually think it serves a very different role than Facebook. Facebook seems to work best for more social interactions, specifically with people you already know (in the sense of having probably met them in person at some point).

Google + seems better for building relationships with people you might not ever hang out with at a party, but who you share similar interests with and will therefore appreciate the content they share.

Thank you

Rachel !!!

Rachel S is offline   Reply With Quote